Security Installer Community

Ipad

LastChance

Does anyone out there use an Ipad for work. If so how do you use it, and what is your feelings about it???

Is there any software you would recommend or feel we could do with getting like RSS/UDL applications etc.,

Alan.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see a few sales people using them to show picture of their kit but thats as far as it goes Apple are hard work when it comes to trying to get your apps accepted. I am still waiting for our CCTV app to be accepted

• 2 weeks later...

Use the ipad for remote link to office desktop pc then udl via that

also ARC link so ipad out on most average to larger comm'd jobs

Still need the lappy Just in case!

We use iPhones as company devices , MASWEB mobile is really handy for maint an commissions .

Saves loads of time instead of ringing the arc and then having to invert digi outputs etc .

Just wish galaxy did an UDL app

I thought everyone would be using there phones for remote access to the ARC by now?

We limit what can be done via phone but we can put on test, check history, reset if we wanted to etc. I can't remember the last time I called the control room.

We use southern and can put jobs on test , check signals and check key holders using the iPhone app.

Can't change anything from it tho . It's a bit of a pain having to ring up to change a key holder.

It can be done using the normal MASWEB desktop site in safari tho .

Archived