Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9651

DanBate

I have recently had to change a a few PIR detectors which were working fine however they were old. I have a Scantronic 9651 unit connected to a Scantronic 9941 keypad. The new detectors are Bosch Blue Line Gen 2.

I have wired them in and they are showing power and the LED lights up. The System will set however the alarm will not activate when the detectors are activated. I have tried taking the wires out and re doing them but still no joy. Even on the Walk Test they will still not activate.

I am at a loss as to why can anyone please help?

Dan

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely it is something to do with resistors. The PIR have them built in, hasn't it? How did you wire them exactly?

Maciek Furga

Mobile +44 (0) 7875058639

• 3 weeks later...

The old sensors to my knowledge did not have resistors in them. The new Bosch ones were working when i was programming in the names for the zones and identifying which one was which. However for some unknown reason they have decided to stop working in the Walk Test. Still the system will set but not activate once the PIR is activated.

the zones are all programmed as default at the moment as i have tried a reset to get it to work. Again with no joy. I have taken all the wires out to go back to one pir only in the hope of solving the problem.

Here is a list of how its wired from the box to the PIR

0v to -

12v AUX to +

CCT1 to NC

CCT2 to NC

Com A/t to T

Com A/t to T

Typing in code 199 on the system shows that Zone 1 has 0k0 and is FE ab

I have even tried wiring in my old Risco PIR and this still wont walk test properly

Archived