Security Installer Community

Day Rate Explained

a day rate is the rate you pay for a days work. if he has only worked 2 hours then I would pay half a day. if he has only worked 6 hours then i would pay a full day depending on the prior relationship.

• 5 months later...

My day rate varies ( London more expensive ) but is for 8 hours on site. Have had some clients who think that driving between sites is not included e.g arive at site do 4 hours then drive to next site 1.5 hours drive away, then expect another 4hrs work.

There are other thing to factor parking for London, congestion charge, fuel.

I did a few calls in London for a client the other day total cost of parking was over £60 congestion £10 fuel £12 and supplied parts.

I would expect a bit more to cover for the extra expense than if I had been working on one site for the whole day.

But then again I would have been upfront about this and agreed prior to work.

TVX systems what a good idea by the time the picture had downloaded the intruder would have been long gone.
SFE.Solutions security systems

Agreed that London is horrendous when it comes to CC and parking in the west end. We've been thinking about electric vehicles (but that's another thread!)

Thanks for everyone's thoughts.

I think we all agree that a day rate is for a day.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he has it confused with a call-out rate or something.

LPG conversion.

Free CG (Well ATM, some changes are planned).

You cannot escape the parking , but there are spots that give all day parking for  £10.00 if you know where to look. But you may need to drop off tools and walk a little.

Day rate, anything over 5 hours in my book, as oyu cannot start another job after that really.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="matthew.brough" data-cid="298708" data-time="1357479903"><p>

Agreed. A day rate is just that + expenses. We pay our subbies parking, meals etc.</p></blockquote>

The guys on your books must feel appreciated! Buy their meals do you?.we only get that if working away.

I might look into the vans that they used to drive in the flintstones.

TVX systems what a good idea by the time the picture had downloaded the intruder would have been long gone.
SFE.Solutions security systems