Security Installer Community

Help With Pelco Kbd300 Not Responding

Tvmender

Hi all,

I have a Pelco KBD300 and an unknown Pelco dome camera.

All was fine up until a few days ago when the dome stopped responding to the joystick. It goes into patrol mode fine and happily pans around doing its thing but wont respond to the joystick anymore nor any other buttons on the KBD300 controlling it.

The KBD300 goes via the DVR (Dowshu is it?!) but has never requested a password to control the camera. The camera number selected on the PTZ controller is the right one.

I have tried Pelco but all they ask for is serial numbers which I dont have. I have read unplugging the controller then plugging it back in may help...or ultimately wreck it!...

Any help greatly appreciated! Thanks!

- Sam

Thanks for the quick reply!

I have to admit, I am pretty green on PTZ stuff. I havent tried that but will.

The dome is happily doing its thing, and on its normal patrol route. I am assuming the KBD300 is communicating with it to allow it to do that but the keyboard doesnt seem to do anything to affect it. You can select the camera number on it etc but it has no affect on the camera at all. It only controls this one camera.

- Sam

its probable the camera is programmed to tour etc on time out. ie after no control input to the cam, its doing what its told in its programming. im guessing that your keyboard is controlling the cam direct so you need to check its outputting commands

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived