Security Installer Community

Ssaib, Our First Visit Today

PSE

Well, after losing quite another large install to a the 3 lettered regional a few weeks ago, I have decided to go for it.

I've just lost it on the basis of no NSI / SSAIB, and whats worse, it was worth £24k for combined CCTV,Intruder & Access

I contacted the SSAIB last week, We've had Paul Fathers at our office for a few hours this morning,

Quite happy to say that all went well on the paperwork side, Just 3 small items to take care of and thats sorted.

I was pulled up on our Photo ID badges aswell, All details are fine, We just have no engineers signature on them.

They have now been ordered from our supplier this afternoon.

Also had to register our office with the Data Commissioner, As we often process clients CCTV data for the police.

All in all, It went quite well, Just waiting for the confirmation date of inspection visit

Fingers Crossed, Lets see how we go..... :proud:

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck mate, but you're guaranteed not to be knocked back.

Worse bit of advice i ever followed was signing up to the data comm. bleeding vultures.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Argh, Just noticed my first post, 3 lettered regional should of said 3 lettered National, Meaning (A?T)

To be honest, my reason for going SSAIB as opposed to NSI is probably something others will disagree with,

Here Goes, Here is my theory, As you know there is NSI Bronze, Silver & Gold.

Without going ISO there is no way in hell were gonna get Gold,

Were just a small family business, Its not worth it, So, we would ended up with NSI Silver Accreditation.

I have been asked quite a few times before by customers, Why are some company's Bronze, Silver or Gold

Is it because there are different levels of company or installation quality, To the end user, I think its often misunderstood.

My reason to go for the SSAIB was purely that its a single recognised status, (SSAIB Intruder, CCTV,Access)

I know it will sound stupid reason to some of you, its just my way of looking at it like some customers do,

" If youre a silver, Youre not as good as a Gold" blah blah,

Would be interesting to hear your opinions. Like i said, It might sound silly, but thats how people in Stoke see it

Go easy on me, :proud:

Regards,

Dont be daft mate i think thats a valid take on it. Id also say it unfairly makes ssaib look better to the end user than nsi silver.

Im obvioulsy going to say that gold is better.

I feel nsi have forgotton its reason for existing and all it wants to do is fleece installers for as much as possible. That recent adt le secre thread shows that they are going to be hit hard for certificate revenue.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Parasites with shinny badges, both the certification schemes have a greater interest in expanding the scope of stuff they inspect rather than helping anybody or anything in the market they started out in,

Mr? Veritas God

Argh, Just noticed my first post, 3 lettered regional should of said 3 lettered National, Meaning (A?T)

To be honest, my reason for going SSAIB as opposed to NSI is probably something others will disagree with,

Here Goes, Here is my theory, As you know there is NSI Bronze, Silver & Gold.

Without going ISO there is no way in hell were gonna get Gold,

Were just a small family business, Its not worth it, So, we would ended up with NSI Silver Accreditation.

I have been asked quite a few times before by customers, Why are some company's Bronze, Silver or Gold

Is it because there are different levels of company or installation quality, To the end user, I think its often misunderstood.

My reason to go for the SSAIB was purely that its a single recognised status, (SSAIB Intruder, CCTV,Access)

I know it will sound stupid reason to some of you, its just my way of looking at it like some customers do,

Would be interesting to hear your opinions. Like i said, It might sound silly, but thats how people in Stoke see it

Go easy on me, :proud:

Regards,

I with you on that one.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Parasites with shinny badges, both the certification schemes have a greater interest in expanding the scope of stuff they inspect rather than helping anybody or anything in the market they started out in,

And I'm with you on that one.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

+1

Customers!

Id agree 100% with that.

Dont be daft mate i think thats a valid take on it. Id also say it unfairly makes ssaib look better to the end user than nsi silver.

Nothing unfair about SSAIB appearing "better" than NSI Silver, when its NSI who have shot themselves in the foot just to spite their face. As it where.

Ive always found SSAIB helpfull.

Regarding expanding their scope, we were asked at a regional meeting if there was scope we would like them to cover. Hardly a self-serving attitude IMHO.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

• 10 months later...

Thought I would give this one a kick, It was 10 months ago that Paul came to see us for the initial consultation. 

Due to various factors at the time, I sort of put this on the back boiler for a little while until I felt it was the right time.

We've spent the last 10 months undergoing various changes and improvements in the way things are done for both installation and administration.

Our entire administration side has been totally overhauled with a new system of doing things with complete audit trails for everything.

With the above said and done, I contacted them 2 weeks ago and sent the application along with their £735 application fee.

They contacted me today to tell me that all the background checks and Accountantants financial checks were all accepted with no issues.

Our actual assessment date is 17th June, Our assessor is Paul fathers who will be with us for the day....    O_O Sh!t a brick O_O

I came off the phone with my ass twitchin like a rabbits nose... 

All being well, We should have no issues and have a good result on the day....

We're SSAIB and sometimes I get asked whats the difference between SSAIB and NSI.   Here's what I say "not much really, just 2 different inspection bodies"..  which satisfies most.  

When we have NSI Silver my answer will change to "SSAIB is easier to get and as an NSI approved company we have to work much harder to prove we meet the standard"..  

When we're Gold my answer will be "We are the best local firm you'll get around here"..

I miss old George from ssaib.

Was our inspector for years and A1 at all aspects.

Just a shame when new inspector came along we were reported by a couple who got us to install a 4 cam system.

His wife had worn out the DVR remote buttons in 2 weeks as she was on it all the time as he was at the rigs.

They got a wee ned (builders son) through our system and he was convicted.

Yet still our inspector made us meet him onsite to go through things with mr and mrs of their nuts.

I met him on site and after 5 mins when all had agreed we installed to spec I walked out as our job had been done and what they wanted would cost.

There was more none sense and on the next inspection he asked " so has mr and mrs ? Contacted you back?"

I said no then he said and his words "I would have ignored them before it reached that stage"

It was his feking fault this happened... Now there is no bull I worked for Chubb none sense, we get him in, have a few smiles then get out please.

He knows it aswell!

!

We're SSAIB and sometimes I get asked whats the difference between SSAIB and NSI.   Here's what I say "not much really, just 2 different inspection bodies"..  which satisfies most.  

When we have NSI Silver my answer will change to "SSAIB is easier to get and as an NSI approved company we have to work much harder to prove we meet the standard"..  

When we're Gold my answer will be "We are the best local firm you'll get around here"..

It surprises me you even get asked. We never do. We have int/CCTV/access, and soon to have 18001, arc cat2/rvrc/BAFE/iso

I'm just not sure the end user cares?

I miss old George from ssaib.

Was our inspector for years and A1 at all aspects.

Just a shame when new inspector came along we were reported by a couple who got us to install a 4 cam system.

His wife had worn out the DVR remote buttons in 2 weeks as she was on it all the time as he was at the rigs.

They got a wee ned (builders son) through our system and he was convicted.

Yet still our inspector made us meet him onsite to go through things with mr and mrs of their nuts.

I met him on site and after 5 mins when all had agreed we installed to spec I walked out as our job had been done and what they wanted would cost.

There was more none sense and on the next inspection he asked " so has mr and mrs ? Contacted you back?"

I said no then he said and his words "I would have ignored them before it reached that stage"

It was his feking fault this happened... Now there is no bull I worked for Chubb none sense, we get him in, have a few smiles then get out please.

He knows it aswell!

Don't forget due to SSAIBs ukas approval they have to go through the motions if a complaint is made against a certified company.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

The gold / silver debate is a tough one - Not to forget that some firms cannot be gold if they want to...  For example if they are a one man band you can only acheive silver as you need at least two staff (including yourself) to get gold.

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

The gold / silver debate is a tough one - Not to forget that some firms cannot be gold if they want to...  For example if they are a one man band you can only acheive silver as you need at least two staff (including yourself) to get gold.

I'd perceive silver firms to be second class to gold.

If I had 3 extended warranty offers called bronze silver and gold I'd thing bronze was pants, silver was mid range and gold was all singing and dancing. I know a couple of installers that have gone SSAIB to NSI silver and i don't understand why. To me it goes from an equal badge to a 2nd division one.

I know a couple of installers that have gone SSAIB to NSI silver and i don't understand why. To me it goes from an equal badge to a 2nd division one.

because it's a stepping stone to Gold..

When you setup your business you weren't deemed good enough for NSI but SSAIB gave you the tools to get going. Do you not feel a little guilty dumping the guys that allowed you to get going and then making friends with the gang that wouldn't spit n you when you needed someone to help you get off the ground?

Jb does not give a stuff about SSAIB or nsi, it's about your own expectations and striving to make sure you are the best with processes and procedures. Continual improvement and development is key.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.