Security Installer Community

Galaxy G2-20

hargybhoy

hi,

i am having some issues with a Honeywell portal c079(as far as i know), i bought some pirs which are the dominal series i think and a old style dodt 800gy-b contact which all worked fine first time but i have just bought 2x do800m contacts which i cannot get programmed onto the panel, i have read that the older c077 will not work with newer devices but the new one will and is backward compatible so is there any markings on the portal which indicate what version it is?

dx

There's normally a label on the outside edge of the plastic module enclosure. If this has been located somewhere accessible, then you may be able to see the label. Failing that, you'll need to open the RF portal up to identify it I think. Don't do this if you don't have the necessary codes to reset a tamper condition.

thanks galaxy guy but there is no sticker on the portal only stickers on the inside on the chips etc so not sure if they can identify it but i have a feeling that its a c077 because of the problems with the new devices, and i have been waiting on honeywell to reply via email for a week!!!

Archived