Security Installer Community

Wiring Informa Speech Dialler To Galaxy 2-20 Alarm Panel

Circuital

Hello all,

I'm currently trying to wire an 'Informa 8EP276A-UK' to a Honeywell Galaxy 2-20 control panel.

Apparently the control panel does have capability to dial out without an external dialler but unfortunately, we no longer get the alarm serviced from the installers (A*T). This means we don't have the Master Reset Code which we need to program the menus. Basically, rip-off merchants A*T will not release the code unless we start a service contract with them again; which is not going to happen.

I have attached an image of the Galaxy wiring diagram and the instructions to connect the Informa dialler for a 'Bells Only' function (that's all we need it for).

I can see where to terminate connections for the 12v supply but I am a little confused about where (in the alarm panel) to wire connections for IP1 and INH. There doesn't appear to be a SET terminal in the control panel and i'm also unsure where the 'Bell B-' terminal is.

I have meddled with the alarm in the past (only to move the location of the control panel) but I always just took lots of pictures, used labels and made notes to ensure I terminated everything in the correct place. So in effect, I can do the practical side but am a layman when things are not blatantly obvious!

Is there anyone out there who can help please?! Thanks in advance!

post-39515-0-05343800-1337507827_thumb.j

post-39515-0-17471600-1337507839_thumb.j

They can't release the codes and that does not make them rip off merchants

However, there is only 1 output, which may already be in use. There is a bell output to drive the dialler, but that panel is designed for proper secure com units not speech diallers.

You will need to reprogram it to work with that dialler

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

You would need to use the trigger header for a speech dialler but this would involve some re-programming as James has said. If you don't want to deal with A*T then you should find a local company who are willing to fit this and re-pogram for you, if you are out of contract

Archived