Security Installer Community

Adding Cameras To New Unit Over Yard

Evelina69

I have some units which are currently fitted with CCTV. I have recently purchased two units opposite and want them fitting with cameras (four). The distance is about 300 metres accros the yard but I would like to view these additional cameras with my existing set-up. It would be great if these could be connected to my existing 16 channel dvr. There is no way of these additional cameras to be wired so the set-up would need to be wireless.

Is this possible?

Yes it is possible just avoid the cheap rf units as they are prone to interference and are unreliable long term

Yes it is possible just avoid the cheap rf units as they are prone to interference and are unreliable long term

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

We heard you the first time

We heard you the first time

I would probably use a stand-alone system for your new units and set them up on the network so that you can view the cameras from your PC or laptop from your existing unit.

If it is possible to run a cable, run a CAT5 down and then power locally ??

I always try to avoid wireless if i can

.... and if you were to go wireless i would use a wireless transmitter and reciever ...NOT a wireless camera. You could even use a stand-alone DVR with 4 cameras and a monitor. Then use the output from the monitor to one transmitter.....then the reciever to a monitor at your existing unit viewing all 4 cameras.

..another option is to cable a CAT5 from building to building at high level (like BT)

Archived