Security Installer Community

New Drill Time People, Thoughts?

bm_99

Screwfix got an offer on a xrp 18v lion atm that tempts me severely.

On the makita/dewalt argument, all my dewalts have lasted until stolen, whereas workmates makitas fail at about 4years...

I love dewalt but then I love makita!

FIGHT

Each to his own, but, I love my wife :shy:

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

I love dewalt but then I love makita!

FIGHT

Ahh the old makita vs dewalt saga lol, im also actually thinkinbg hilti?? (Dont hit me lol)

Screwfix got an offer on a xrp 18v lion atm that tempts me severely.

On the makita/dewalt argument, all my dewalts have lasted until stolen, whereas workmates makitas fail at about 4years...

Ye that screwfix deal is not bad really £180 for it with 2 batteries

You may need to tell us what your using it for?

Is it for putting up PIR's or making big holes?

Also check out

www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/topic/31430-which-drill-to-buy

www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/topic/31344-hilti-drills

Sorry people should have added this, already have a dewalt cordless sds drill for the more heavier jobs so mainly just need a smaller one for putting up pirs making normal holes, but still want to have some oomp lol

Each to his own, but, I love my wife :shy:

ok, lol as long as you dont love your tools more mate,lol

The old man got given a new 3 speed dewalt model - dcd925, used it a few times and love it lol. might see what the 1 model down from that is

Also people not to sound like an idiot but what is the difference between a combi drill and hammer drill? - i know the hammer has a hammer action (all my drills have had this anyway)

I'm glad you brought Hilti up first...

I replaced a 10yr+ Makita Drill and SDS with the Hilti 22V equivalents a few years ago. Darn fine kit, but very expensive.

I did insist on the Theft Prevention System kit, that cost a bit more but well worth it. Batteries are matched to the charger - that will only charge on presentation of a valid keyfob. Hence, if the kits are nicked they appear duff. Hilti also track serial nos on their kit.

I know nothing of other ranges, but if you pick dewalt it must be an xrp version, lesser models dont cut it imo. My big drill is a bosch 24v, and i use a 12v dewalt for smaller jobs. Both are quality, the bosch is coming up on 10 now, dewalt is 4

As above really-36v Bosch and 18v dewalt xrp 3 speed, burnt one Bosch out drilling a rook of 6" cores out, but I had had it for 7 odd years, bought the same again so now got 4 Li-on batts and two chargers.

As above really-36v Bosch and 18v dewalt xrp 3 speed, burnt one Bosch out drilling a rook of 6" cores out, but I had had it for 7 odd years, bought the same again so now got 4 Li-on batts and two chargers.

Your arms must be bigger than mine :o

• 2 weeks later...

Im sure im repeating my self but maybe not on here. We have the Bosch 24 Except about 18 bmonths back i purchased a 18v Royobi SDS in kit form which included an impct driver and 2 small lithiums. Why? Because they were on offer at about £120. Anyway the boys duly took the Pee. Now the fact is i have 8 Bosch drills all racked up in the office because the boys love the one handed SDS. Yes its lightweight LOL. Moral is dont tknock it untill you tried it.

BTW the offer was at Stax.

Customers!

More of a chippies drill isn't it, an impact driver?

Good price though

You serious? I now buy all my speed bits (spade drils bits) with the end designed to slot into my impact driver. It puts a large hole through a joist like a knife through butter. In POF i only use my battry drill for drilling small holes in wood and metal these days.

Customers!

Hence the question mark. Ty, i'll look again at impact drivers :D

I use my impact for everything - even putting panel lids back on. After a while you get very very accurate with them and will wonder how you've survived so long without one!!

Makita 18V lithium by the way, 3 batts, 2 chargers (240 & 110), SDS, impact and "normal" drill - all I need.

I use my impact for everything - even putting panel lids back on. After a while you get very very accurate with them and will wonder how you've survived so long without one!!

Makita 18V lithium by the way, 3 batts, 2 chargers (240 & 110), SDS, impact and "normal" drill - all I need.

My favourite matched set too. Or was.

Just invested in a set of Milwaukee 12V lithiums. Very impressed. Ideal for everyday stuff and without the extra weight.

• 3 months later...

Archived