Security Installer Community

New Drill Time People, Thoughts?

bm_99

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Screwfix got an offer on a xrp 18v lion atm that tempts me severely.

On the makita/dewalt argument, all my dewalts have lasted until stolen, whereas workmates makitas fail at about 4years...

I love dewalt but then I love makita!

FIGHT

Each to his own, but, I love my wife :shy:

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

I love dewalt but then I love makita!

FIGHT

Ahh the old makita vs dewalt saga lol, im also actually thinkinbg hilti?? (Dont hit me lol)

Screwfix got an offer on a xrp 18v lion atm that tempts me severely.

On the makita/dewalt argument, all my dewalts have lasted until stolen, whereas workmates makitas fail at about 4years...

Ye that screwfix deal is not bad really £180 for it with 2 batteries

You may need to tell us what your using it for?

Is it for putting up PIR's or making big holes?

Also check out

www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/topic/31430-which-drill-to-buy

www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/topic/31344-hilti-drills

Sorry people should have added this, already have a dewalt cordless sds drill for the more heavier jobs so mainly just need a smaller one for putting up pirs making normal holes, but still want to have some oomp lol

Each to his own, but, I love my wife :shy:

ok, lol as long as you dont love your tools more mate,lol

The old man got given a new 3 speed dewalt model - dcd925, used it a few times and love it lol. might see what the 1 model down from that is

Also people not to sound like an idiot but what is the difference between a combi drill and hammer drill? - i know the hammer has a hammer action (all my drills have had this anyway)

I'm glad you brought Hilti up first...

I replaced a 10yr+ Makita Drill and SDS with the Hilti 22V equivalents a few years ago. Darn fine kit, but very expensive.

I did insist on the Theft Prevention System kit, that cost a bit more but well worth it. Batteries are matched to the charger - that will only charge on presentation of a valid keyfob. Hence, if the kits are nicked they appear duff. Hilti also track serial nos on their kit.

I know nothing of other ranges, but if you pick dewalt it must be an xrp version, lesser models dont cut it imo. My big drill is a bosch 24v, and i use a 12v dewalt for smaller jobs. Both are quality, the bosch is coming up on 10 now, dewalt is 4

As above really-36v Bosch and 18v dewalt xrp 3 speed, burnt one Bosch out drilling a rook of 6" cores out, but I had had it for 7 odd years, bought the same again so now got 4 Li-on batts and two chargers.

Archived