Security Installer Community

Honeywell G2-20, Rf Portal & Keyprox Keypads Issue

Zemme

Star isn't best but wouldn't stop it working imo. You have another issue I think

What happens when you move the keypad that is working upstairs.

Hi Jameswilson.

My uncle has sorted the issue out now.

I asked him to remove the Star A & B Datalink connection and reinstate it as Daisy Chain.

Then on the last peripheral, i.e. RF Portal, I asked him to install a 680ohm resister.

Both downstairs & upstairs Keyprox Keypads now work. Also the RF Portal is working, as I can use the RF Fobs to set & unset the alarm.

Everything is now working as expected. I would like to thank all the forum members including yourself for taking time out of their busy day schedules for posting constructive replies.

Hopefully this post will also help others to rectify mistakes that they may also have in their setup.

I have another request which in sure you kind fellows will be able to advice me on.

Now that I have the RF Portal working, I would like to install wireless window contacts on all my swing window openings. Which Honeywell battery powered contacts would you recommend, and is it easy to add them into the system with specific zones, i.e. full set & night set.

I appreciate your valuable comments.

Best Regards - Have a nice weekend Guys & Girls.

Thats my one experience of honeywell, via a 504, eol resistors and daisy chain are imperative. Oh, and that the tech support are so far up their own arses its unreal...

it would appear not that far that they won't talk to any old guy who fancies calling up for some support..

Always found honeywell tech OK when you can get through to them but they don't like foolish questions and will often refair you to the manual.

Archived