Security Installer Community

Texecom Impaq With Contact; What Am I Doing Wrong

This is what i meanpost-35907-0-07584500-1337101938_thumb.j

Sometimes in life, you do things and see things that really make you feel thick!

Thanks on both accounts lol...

Don't know why, but never thought of wiring it that way.

Out of interest, i wired the 2nd 22k before i saw this, and it worked fine, although admittedly i never checked what would happen if both shock & reed went open at once, but thats because it's too hard to replicate. Which is why it would most likely be fine.

Nevertheless, i'll rewire it your way tomorrow and i can finally seal up the panel as everything else is done.

Thanks for you help and patience fozzies.

Regards

Danny

Yup, makes tampering far harder without detection. Theres an alternative to 2wire fsl using capacitors, never taken up because of the training necessary to fault find it, fyi

Is that setup not prone to needing more maintenance i.e. Cap replacements? I know ere only dealing with low value/ voltage / heat caps but nevertheless, sounds a bit overkill!!

In my 20 years in this industry i've only ever once seen capacitors dry up and cause failiures, but i believe the main reason for ignoring this route is the training needed for alarm engineers to work with it. You would need to understand more than ohms law to fault find it, which is as far as the majority of alarm installers go theory wise

Archived