Security Installer Community

Confirmed Alarm

As for turning the garage door into an entry zone, I too thought it was a daft idea. It would be good if I could know how to stop the door from triggering the PIR though.

The PIR has NOT been sited correctly, it needs adjustment OR re-siting.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Any movement detector can detect the movement of a door, the only way to be sure is to make it so the detector cannot see the door

James. why not just say what everyone else already knows. THE CUSTOMER ERROR wasted police time not the system.

This sub is so hands on it obvious to all hes meddling. I dont know his alarm co and already i feel for them.

If he has a point he should contact the alarm co inspectorate rather than look through the forums and yellow pages for accomplices in slating his alarm co.

My advice to the sub would be report or shut up. My advice to the ingoing co is DONT touch with barge pole. Best part is the thought of having to pay to move cos he probably wont.

And you know this because your familiar. If you cant be constructive but out. All your doing is playing to customer ego, I can hear him right now "another installer has told me"

Customers!

I hadn't thought about that, thanks. I'll ask the incoming company about re-siting it above the door perhaps. Nice one!!

I hadn't thought about that, thanks. I'll ask the incoming company about re-siting it above the door perhaps. Nice one!!

a movement sensor may well see the movement of the door, above the door may be an even worse spot than the current postion

Mr? Veritas God

My advice to the sub would be report or shut up. My advice to the ingoing co is DONT touch with barge pole. Best part is the thought of having to pay to move cos he probably wont.

Wow - you're an angry person aren't you? Have I hit a raw nerve love?? :yapping:

You have obviously not read the thread, as you would have found that I have posted information which portrays the alarm company in a more favourable light. If I wanted to feel like the injured party, I would have altered the results of my tests to show a confirmed alarm from the door alone. It was information gleaned on here which have caused me NOT to complain to the inspectorate, so I fail to see the point of your angry rant.

This sub is so hands on it obvious to all hes meddling

Meddling with a Police monitored system, without the engineer code or any knowledge of alarm systems? I don't think so Mr Angry. I just performed some activation tests to check the logs - due to advice given on here.

And you know this because your familiar. If you cant be constructive but out. All your doing is playing to customer ego, I can hear him right now "another installer has told me"

On the contrary Mr Angry, I have been given advice that I can query with my new alarm company. No need for you to have a go at him like that is there? I thank the great people who have given me great advice on here, even you for making me smile with your ridiculous angry rant. :yapping:

I wish you well in your profession, so please don't take this the wrong way when I ask you not to tar all "subs" with the same dirty brush.

a movement sensor may well see the movement of the door, above the door may be an even worse spot than the current postion

Oh really? dam :yapping:

At the moment it is on the adjacent wall to the one with the side door, so looking directly at the up-and-over doors. I'll see what the new company says, but thanks anyway.

Regards

Brum69

yeah, the next lesson is not to stray into the protected premises w/o turning of the system 1st !

Sorry sir, won't do it again sir :blush:

Seriously though, thanks guys for your help as I really appreciate the advice - even from Mr Angry :D

REALLY? lets turn this around if the op had had a breakin the position of the detector did exactly as required. And anyway you cant say whether the positioning is correct or not without seeing the position thats just daft.

Brum much as I do not agree with the way Jeff (Mr angry) has put it but I have to agree. Changing your service provider should only really be a last resort, its not always as black and white as it may seem. And it is most likely gonna end up more expensive that the URN administration charges too.

REALLY? lets turn this around if the op had had a breakin the position of the detector did exactly as required. And anyway you cant say whether the positioning is correct or not without seeing the position thats just daft.

Brum much as I do not agree with the way Jeff (Mr angry) has put it but I have to agree. Changing your service provider should only really be a last resort, its not always as black and white as it may seem. And it is most likely gonna end up more expensive that the URN administration charges too.

Yeah I know what you mean mate, but this is not just a knee jerk reaction to this post on here. Over the years they have lied and done things which questions my trust in them. If I can't trust my alarm company as decent human beings, how can I trust them with the security of my home and family? Too much has been said, so a move is called for here. In their defence, I have a good alarm system which has only resulted in the Police being called for one false alarm. That false alarm would have been averted if they had given me the details of the new ARC, which I had been moved to without any notification.

Thanks for your help, really appreciate it.

Brum69

Brum69

Mr Angry here.

You realy dont gete it.

Whats the move of your ARC got to do with averted police reponce. Turn your alarm off pronto and that will do the job. Why would you ever need to call the ARC? You have a fire alarm?

Sorry if you answered this in previous moans but i dont have the will to read everything. Everyone pretty much got your number after just a few posts.

I genuinley feel sorry for your alarm co and i have no idea who they are. Do them a favour and cancel.

Customers!

Archived