Security Installer Community

Part P Training

richardthatcher

I am looking into doing the Part P training but bot sure should I go with my local college or shall I do a 2/5 day crash course at a training centre?

I have had a look online tonight and it is a mind field with all these companies offering the training spread over 2 - 5 days at a training centre and then taking the city & guilds exam.

I will call a few tomorrow but wanted to know if anyone had done the college route or the crash course.

I not sure I understand?

Day release is a system in which workers spend one day each week at a college in order to study a subject connected with their work

eg: instead of going in to work on Tuesday (for example) you do your training course in a class room

Mr? Veritas God

oh soz I think I had it confused.

I thought you meant it that I go to college to learn the class room and day release to actually put that class room learning into practise.

I was looking at this http://www.tradeskills4u.co.uk/courses/part-p-domestic-installers-course?_kk=part%20p%20courses&_kt=17a29a49-a714-423a-abd1-597d02e3f402&gclid=CMi12oXB4q8CFZARfAodOXzM_w

The person I partner with for the intruder alarms is Part P could I use him and attend jobs with him as for the day release?

PMSL

Oh dear. And we all wonder why. LOL

Customers!

• 1 month later...

One of our engineers was put through a 5 day intensive part p and we've had no problems ince. Helps that he has a very technical brain and had a big interest already. It really depends on the person, if you're not electrically minded then I'd say the day release but if you know the fundamentals but have no qualificatios go for the intensive 2/5 day course. good luck in what you decide

Archived