Security Installer Community

Company Car

I have a new guy who will (if it goes as expected) be my sales director. I need to get him a car.

He wants a volvo s or v60.

Anyone have any thoughts on these. We will be buying it outright so it wont be leased etc. Also id never buy a brand new car so it will be an ex demo etc.

Needs to be comfortable and these as a bonus seem cheaper than an audi or a merc. But ive never even driven a volvo before.

I quite like the look of the DRIVe versions.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My company car go's back on Friday (3 year lease). I won't be having another I am going back to running my own car.

I got an ex demo car with 8.5k miles for just over 9k off the list price.

not sure I just commented off the cuff as I do.

deffo owned by a chinky motor co. for some yrs now, I read it recently on topgears website & thought who & when did that happpen,

Never owned one but understand Volvo's are dear to service ect.....

Mr? Veritas God

I thought like Saab (pre GM) they were good back in the day when they did not share the platform/powertrain with others.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

I thought like Saab (pre GM) they were good back in the day when they did not share the platform/powertrain with others.

I think 20yrs or so they almost merged with Renault ?

In theory the platform / powertrain is pretty unimportant as its perceived quality & badge kudos which sells 'em

Mr? Veritas God

My wife owned V70. a car which was totaly out of character for her. it turned out to be possibly one of the best cars she owned and she has had a few cars. Currently she drives a Range Rover Evoque and a Mercedes SLK (for summer obviously)

Customers!

In theory the platform / powertrain is pretty unimportant as its perceived quality & badge kudos which sells 'em

Agreed, but it's the platform / powertrain that leaves them @ the roadside waiting for the AA.

JB a friend has just bought his gf a second hand SL55AMG to replace her stolen Mini, he says it's mental.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Agreed, but it's the platform / powertrain that leaves them @ the roadside waiting for the AA.

Joint venture means "French Tat" & "German Prestige" coming of the same product line,

I understand Mrs Jef was once running a Korean something ? I'd image an Mercedes will rust before it & Evoque will more likely to have warranty claims, however the brand is what counts & often a personality has been engineered into the vehicle rather than it being souless?

Mr? Veritas God

• 3 months later...

A mate of mine has the C70 and IMO the design is not a patch on A5. Plus Volvos are for teachers, doctors and OAPs. Thats nice for an estate though James.

You clearly haven't driven one, even your reply accepts volvos are for people with brains

Customers!

Archived