Security Installer Community

Odbc Connection To Advantage Local Server Database

OliverGaskell

Does anyone know how to create an ODBC connection to Alarm Master's Advantage Local Server database. I can connect to the database using advantage data architect and export a table to mysql but i don't know how to go about creating an ODBC connection so that i can query our Alarm Master data straight from the database rather than having to 1st convert to mysql. If anyone has any experience please let me know and i'd happy to share details of how we would be using this hopefully to create google maps that will show clients with services within due date / outstanding or pending jobs in the surrounding area from an engineers location amongst other project ideas.

what db server does it use. If its propiertry they will need to give you an odbc driver. If its something else ie mssql you can connect that way.

Its Advantage (Sybase) - i can get a hold of an ODBC driver, i just don't know how to use it once i get it.

Does anyone know how to create an ODBC connection to Alarm Master's Advantage Local Server database. I can connect to the database using advantage data architect and export a table to mysql but i don't know how to go about creating an ODBC connection so that i can query our Alarm Master data straight from the database rather than having to 1st convert to mysql. If anyone has any experience please let me know and i'd happy to share details of how we would be using this hopefully to create google maps that will show clients with services within due date / outstanding or pending jobs in the surrounding area from an engineers location amongst other project ideas.

Oly. Make sure you run this through AM. I wouldnt want to be stepping on their toes. As for shareing detail. Me think you ask to much of our simple industry LOL.

Customers!

Oly you using .net to do this?

No - i don't know .net but guess i could look at learning it when i have time (LOL) was thinking php for that particular project but if i can get a connection working then i should be able to use it with some modules for our voip system without any/much extra coding. I will have a read up on the machine data sources and how to use them so thanks for that. Seems like it might get kiboshed though as i'm pretty sure PC Data won't want me 'stepping on their toes' :proud:

Archived