Security Installer Community

Fire Alarm System Plans Cad Etc.

What are you all using to produce fire plans? I am trying to find a simple solution.

At the minute I just get someone else to do it for me and get it emailed back and print it out on our plotter, but we are doing more and more fire and would rather save time and do it myself.

I have looked at a few CAD offerings but would like to find the simplest solution.

cheers

We also do our own in house for smaller jobs using either Visio or DraftSite (free version of AutoCAD).

For anything which takes time I use http://www.qdos.biz/ Speak to Damian and let him know Ronnie from RFS recommended..

Ive used these to, good service.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

cheers for the replys. We are doing too many these days to keep sending it out, more takeovers with no plans which is a pain. We just got the nod on a large ish fire job so thought as good a time as any. Worst thing is I hate fire lol!

James/Ronnie; do they come with the fire & security symbols or did you draw your own?

I spoke to Ronnie and Adi's reco, he is in our area a few times a week so he is going to call in to the office next week, a good contact for the larger jobs if nothing else.

I'm going to have a look at the other stuff that has been recommended as well, cheers lads.

• 2 weeks later...

The time spent faffing around with visio, even for small sites isnt worth it.

If it was the other way round, you'd all be calling me a tight ****, i would be better on site earning than wittling away the hours to come up with some half cocked amatuer attempt a fire drawing.

:)

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

The time spent faffing around with visio, even for small sites isnt worth it.

If it was the other way round, you'd all be calling me a tight ****, i would be better on site earning than wittling away the hours to come up with some half cocked amatuer attempt a fire drawing.

:)

You just did the first part of a S.W.O.T. :yes:

Customers!

I kinda like visio & are using it more & more to knock together simple site plans, it where JW which gave me the idea.

A few mins to sketch a non scale site sketch & cut & paste shapes of one you've done before, the advantage being you've a simple sketch for men to install from or send to Damien to make a proper scaled autocad drawing if needed

Mr? Veritas God

We use visio for all site plans and wiring diags etc. Dad used to do them by hand on pre printed plan sheets. Either way works well but changing drawings is easy on visio. We use this for our fire plans too. As you can save files to your db filing cabinet it makes sense. As a side note we only have 1 filing cab left of scannning to do. Anyone want to buy some filing cabs?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

• 4 weeks later...

What are you all using to produce fire plans? I am trying to find a simple solution.

At the minute I just get someone else to do it for me and get it emailed back and print it out on our plotter, but we are doing more and more fire and would rather save time and do it myself.

I have looked at a few CAD offerings but would like to find the simplest solution.

cheers

Gissa job and I`ll do it for free. I use Auto CAD 2011 but just finishing a 3D Auto Cad course at college using 2012 :yes:

Peter Robinson

Freelance

M:07889038650

Archived