Security Installer Community

Switch Off Pyronix Wireless Pir Led

Does anyone know if you can disable/turn off the activity led on the Pyronix wireless PIR ref KX12DQ-WE?

And before any clever answers it still needs to work and no i dont want to stick tape or anything else over the led!

I thought they went to sleep when the system is unset (isn't that the point of 2 way?) and therefore shouldn't come on anyway??

wireless ?

Oh dear the boss will be slapping you....

...he'll have to jump to reach.

they do, they only flash when the system is armed or your running wireless/battery test.

yeah i was wondering if you could have them off even when the system was armed and i heard it might be possible.

yeah i was wondering if you could have them off even when the system was armed and i heard it might be possible.

part set? bedroom? if a detector isn't included in a part set then i guess it would stay asleep and therefore no LED?

Why do you want to disable the led. Its only the thief who'd see it....then its too late.

read my post above yours - it might be that it's not kept in sleep mode even when part set.

an led will use a load of battery in the scheme of low power the less time its on the better for life imo

I agree. The LED will probably be the most current draining component on the board, while it's on.

Any wireless stuff will have greater battery life with LED's disabled completely.

Even when the system is unset they do still light up occasionally when an area has been vacated for a while, they only light up once though and very rarely. Doubt it would have that much of an effect on battery life.

Bang on

Hey Ho, Lets Go

I was told the the radio transmission signal strength was quite high on the pyronix detectors, hence why the batteries are still around the 2 year life, even though they are in sleep mode when system is unset, as opposed to risco's that only go sleep for 2 minutes.

I would of thought overall in the grand scheme of things, led's activating a couple of times a year on a two year life battery, wont make a noticable difference to battery life.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

• 8 years later...

Hi, I have a wireless pyronix and the motion detectors are mostly in the sleep mode.  But I want to permanently enable them so they do flash when motion detected like a wired system would. Does anyone know how to do this. I know it decreases battery life but it would be my preference to know they're always working as they should be 

2 hours ago, Jasonm1984 said:

Hi, I have a wireless pyronix and the motion detectors are mostly in the sleep mode.  But I want to permanently enable them so they do flash when motion detected like a wired system would. Does anyone know how to do this. I know it decreases battery life but it would be my preference to know they're always working as they should be 

Battery change every 3-6months?

Led flash won't tell you it's working properly

It's pointless really if it's even possible with Pyronix. Your decreasing the battery life greatly and there is no guarantee the message is getting to the panel unless you want all your sensors on chime or something...

In commercial environments more recent systems will often have detection LED's disabled most of the time so unauthorised people can't see the detection activation area as PJ says.

Best thing I can suggest for peace of mind is increase your short term maintenance, so monthly or even weekly walk tests; instead of annually.