Security Installer Community

Hello All...

Flynn12

Hello to all on tsi.

After 22 years within the security installation business, I was recently made redundant from a company (after 12 years service and whom shall remain anonymous) so now I have started my own!

I am now looking to carry out subcontracting work on any small or large CCTV, Access Control or Intruder systems. I am based in the South of England but will travel if required.

Look forward to hearing back from anyone that can throw some work my way...

I had been looking at which option to choose, paye or self employment. Not much work available on both fronts. Therefore, choose self employment and so far I have had a lot of promises but no substance... Still, who knows what may happen.

Same... I started quoting work from January and realized that price was important. I kept the price to within their budgets but still you hear nothing back or they say "April is when we are looking at buying..." Well, it's April and still no news when I follow it up. I'm hoping it is not going to be the trend as so far the quote to order ratio is not good.

quote to order is always going to be high! price is important but you have to pay that little more for a service that is second to none.

I have offered incentives such as like for like price matching quotes, discount offers and nothing seems to interest customers.

Work seems to be busy and then nose dives and then picks up again just when the money is running out. I have found that at the moment there is no room to expand the business it is just a case of making money paying the bills and keeping that little something back.

I have stopped all advertisement costs, got down mobile bill, got rid of some land line numbers, reduced hosting costs, also only using car when I need to, and doing website work myself now and also internet promotion doing that myself too.

Asking a lot of mates in different industries for a helping hand and even they are quiet (telecoms, data cabling)

I was even talking to a local one man security company in my area of which we share work and he is in the same boat.

Archived