Security Installer Community

Postage

MrHappy

For a number of months the press have been banging on about the coming raise of postage rates, it being mentioned in DM reminded me to mention it here

http://www.dailymail...ass-stamps.html

I don't really send enough postage to warrent a franking machine or using uk mail / or tnt, so intend to buy few hundred more stamps as a sheet of NVI 2nd class will be worth £14 than purchase price at the end of next month

Mr? Veritas God

Bye Bye Royal Mail, I'll miss the excitment of getting cheques in the post but thats about it.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

• 2 weeks later...

We have gathered all our customers email addresses and saved thousands per annum. 99.9% of my quotes go out by email Royal mail can go fk themselves for all I care

The same view i have had for years now since a load of post went missing.

I do everything i can, not to use them, generally the older client is still on post and posting returns.

Is an e-mail a recognised legal doc?

I send T&C's in the same email (pdf), i cant see why not.

We email most things. We use Docmail for any mail shots etc They print, pack and post a letter for less than the price of a stamp.

I just got outlook with business contact manager for better emailing of clients, not set it up yet.

I'll have a look at docmail when i get a minute.

What sort of mail shots do you do, didnt think you'd do special offers.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Are you getting signed contracts back by email or do you post out paper copies for the client to sign and return after they accept your emailed quotation and T&C's?

We have a two week lead time and ask for a 50% deposit, so either scanned and returned with electronic payment, or we collect, or they deliver, or it could be posted as a last resort.

I just got outlook with business contact manager for better emailing of clients, not set it up yet.

I'll have a look at docmail when i get a minute.

What sort of mail shots do you do, didnt think you'd do special offers.

I don't, not done any mail shots in a while but when we do its aimed at takeovers.

Hi Guys,

When I was in the UK, all my quotes were emailed, I scanned my signature and saved it on the pc, typed up my quotes and just pasted my signature at the end.

if you use acrobat there is a bit on the right hand panel where it says insert signature

The majority of our quotes/specs go on email as PDF's. We have a word template which generates the quote document through alarm master putting in all the prices, references etc

The majority of our quotes/specs go on email as PDF's. We have a word template which generates the quote document through alarm master putting in all the prices, references etc

HI RFS,

We use alarm master as well but use the default quote with a seperate cover page as we found getting the circuit headers, descriptions and locations (mainly for intruder quotes) difficult to display how we wanted. Did you design/create the quote yourself or get assistance from pcdata?

HI RFS,

We use alarm master as well but use the default quote with a seperate cover page as we found getting the circuit headers, descriptions and locations (mainly for intruder quotes) difficult to display how we wanted. Did you design/create the quote yourself or get assistance from pcdata?

I don't like the way the default spec comes out and I produce the word version so I can edit it how I like it. I did the quote document myself and it looks pretty good (I think) - I'm fine with creating word mail merge things but report builder! straight on the phone because it's a pig of thing! They are pretty good at knocking out custom reports if you tell them exactly what you're after

Jeff has also been extremely helpful in the past when we first started using AM..

Yeah agreed ReportBuilder can be a nightmare. Do you have to edit the word quotes once they are produced by AM or are they pretty much good to go using your template?

It will put out in list format:

Installation Price

Maintenance Charge

Monitoring Charge

Monitoring Connection Charge

and then I can delete what isn't required. There are 2 pages (customer & our copy) worded as such and T&C - it takes me around 5 mins to do a normal domestic quote with a little bit of tweaking

Fat chance of that :lol:

That was my initial opinion but they've been a bit better recently if we keep pushing them to fix/solve something. I've found a lot of things you have to learn by yourself as the manual is more than half empty and things jus get added on new versionswithout any documentation. Anything particular your not getting help with?

Archived