Security Installer Community

Alarm Master Or?

iralarms

Hi All

I have looked into using Alarm Master as our main customer database and diary system etc, but was wondering if there are any other software programs out there and what peoples thoughts are on this subject??

Alarm master seems a little pricey, is it worth it??

Thanks

www.iralarms.co.uk

it's worth every penny. we have the full version and don't underestimate the time it will take you to get it setup correctly. get sage too and they can work together - saves us so much time

I did a brief blog about Alarm Master a while back http://wyatthaplo.blogspot.co.uk/2011/10/cash-vs-alarm-master.html I have since been at my current job which use CASH for a few more months but i still feel that alarm master is better. I think Alarm Master is easier to use. The most important of which is the ability to look at when services are due. On CASH you have to build a query using the query database where as with Alarm Master you just click on the Preventative tab.

I read your blog, I know a few alarm co that use CASH and get to compare notes often. Im happy with AM and am more intrested in what it does for me rather than whinging about what it wont do that i dont need.

Sure i would like to change things with AM but this is work in progress and end of i cant have those missing features in CASH either.

We have invested heavily with AM and im reffering time rather than £ but arent these the same.

I have a visit due from UTC next month and part of that visit will be to look at CASH again to weigh up pros and cons.

Unlike the earlier post we dont use sage but do use the AM built in accounting package and dont have any issue with this, it runs our invoices, credits, statements etc from the built in templates. Service letters are generated from a monthly report and are sent via a postcard template. Stock is linked to all aspects of the DB including keeping a record of items and levels in the engineers stock box as well as tieing these to the invoice. It is a bit frustrating that my ADI purchasing link no longer works as i now have to phone the buggers to make sure they are actioning an order, people mess things up.

I would be very intrested in identifying other areas that these two DB differ.

Tappi interface that calls up customer Daybook from phone call.

Quote with chase log spec, with authorised components (grade) current etc and moves everything to Customer once ordered.

Customer that produces all customer, police and engineer docs including HO and log book. Front page shows PM and state at a glance.

Diary that sends job to PDA

Scan and file that records all records to Customer correspondance.

Invoice that tracks all labour and materials

Time sheet that calculates time on road and time on site as well as showing status of engineer/job

Outstanding work for all the things you need to get sorted when an eng comes free.

To do lists, re-order lists, status lists.

The more you use a DB the more you ask of it.

Customers!

Just looked at that Amphis software it seems pretty good really. At a fraction of the cost aswell, might be worth going with till you have a bunch of contracts to justify the cost of the industry specific software.

• 4 months later...

Archived