Security Installer Community

Nsi Or Ssaib

J_G

We're changing from SSAIB to NSI and I must admit the NSI have asked for a lot of things we have never needed to do whilst under SSAIB

Will it make you a better firm, or just more red tape?

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its easy for those of us that only know one inspectorate to assume things. only those guys that have seen first hand both bodies can truly make an informed view.

However it looks like we will be ssiab as well as nsi gold this year. A few reasons for it but mainly i hate being asked the difference by new customers so this way i can actually have an informed view

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Will it make you a better firm, or just more red tape?

Possibly both

Its easy for those of us that only know one inspectorate to assume things. only those guys that have seen first hand both bodies can truly make an informed view. However it looks like we will be ssiab as well as nsi gold this year. A few reasons for it but mainly i hate being asked the difference by new customers so this way i can actually have an informed view

Seems like an expensive exercise for just an informed view James :P

Hey Ho, Lets Go

Possibly both

Seems like an expensive exercise for just an informed view James :P

SSAIB is cheap if you already have all the bits you need. I think I would do the same if we ever went for NSI. I think Chris lewis and a few other firms do it.

At the end of the day it is just a badge. It is all down to the quality of the workforce. Paperwork in the office can be hashed together the week before a visit and you can choose what sites to take the technical inspector to. The trick is having good engineers that are always willing to learn and adapt to any changes and aren't just like well this is how i have done it for ten years.

I wouldnt totally agree with that.

You cant hash paperwork together like that it would show. Plus most approved co's use db's so this is all time stamped and logged

It would be an ideal world if all engineers fully knew the regs on the install and paperwork side. However this is rarely if ever the case. I dont know them all off the top of my head. I know what we do and the way we do it. This is obviously in our manuals and trained. But problems arise when an engineer with the best of intentions does something he believes to be correct when it isnt.

No-one can change a spec, a work practice etc without authorisation. Its the approval process and ISO for instance that documents all this and puts it in practice

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I wouldnt totally agree with that.

You cant hash paperwork together like that it would show. Plus most approved co's use db's so this is all time stamped and logged

It would be an ideal world if all engineers fully knew the regs on the install and paperwork side. However this is rarely if ever the case. I dont know them all off the top of my head. I know what we do and the way we do it. This is obviously in our manuals and trained. But problems arise when an engineer with the best of intentions does something he believes to be correct when it isnt.

No-one can change a spec, a work practice etc without authorisation. Its the approval process and ISO for instance that documents all this and puts it in practice

QFA I couldnt of put it better myself ..... well I could of done but I dont have a brummie accent

It would show but if the inspector doesnt look to closely, and excuses can always be made for lack of signatures etc. Not saying that its a good idea or anything. Im a stickler for paperwork myself

Anyone else besides me refused entry to an inspectorate. NACOSS inspected and refused us. We were told to re apply once we met their criteria.

Had their been an SSAIB in those days i would have taken that route.

Customers!

Anyone else besides me refused entry to an inspectorate.

nsi gold knocked us back 7/8 years ago. their concern was that we did not show enough proffit on the balance sheet, fee refunded & advised to go silver.

Maybe I'm too cynical but the only reason I can currently muster to have gold medal is to silence the critics in an internet forum.

Mr? Veritas God

nsi gold knocked us back 7/8 years ago. their concern was that we did not show enough proffit on the balance sheet, fee refunded & advised to go silver.

Maybe I'm too cynical but the only reason I can currently muster to have gold medal is to silence the critics in an internet forum.

And that from an alledgedly not for profit organisation.

Why is that relevant andy? One of the checks Nacoss make is on the stability of the firm. How does that affect the not for profit status of NSI?

You ever checked their acccounts??

12 months ago they didn't even comply with their 'rules'

You ever checked their acccounts??

12 months ago they didn't even comply with their 'rules'

The books never give the full story, ask Dave he credit checked me a few years back as I remember and it looked really sore, but it didnt really reflect the situation if you credit check me today I'm a really good bet, nothing has really changed other than profit and t/o going up as a natural growth and expansion

Can't recall TBH, however WSS is the only firm on here I'd ever heard of pre forums, (featured in PSI or something...)

Not aimed at any forum members, you may regard yourself or employer as industry success story, however I find the cleints of security firm appear to be wealthier than an alarm co.

Example, Cleint is getting a 100k remodelling of their show rm paid for by a car manufacter v a relucant £50 alarm panel as sample

Mr? Veritas God

Can't recall TBH, however WSS is the only firm on here I'd ever heard of pre forums, (featured in PSI or something...)

I missed that one! I have been on LBC, BBC Radio Sussex and Surrey several times, in the local papers a couple of times, and I have just been quoted in a womens magazine (Cant remember the name)

Not aimed at any forum members, you may regard yourself or employer as industry success story, however I find the cleints of security firm appear to be wealthier than an alarm co.

But not all clients started off the same way as most successful alarm co's

I was fairly certian it was you but I could be wrong

The books never give the full story, ask Dave he credit checked me a few years back as I remember and it looked really sore, but it didnt really reflect the situation if you credit check me today I'm a really good bet, nothing has really changed other than profit and t/o going up as a natural growth and expansion

But were several of your Directors on the Board of other companies all reg flagged for accounts way overdue?

Some with not so shiny figures, others with, you can work out the rest.

As I said Andrew credit checking never gives the full picture, I have had first experience of this. I also own another co where the accounts are overdue but this is down to my chartered accountant having too much work in January (Tossers that cant get their returns in on time), mind you Im the owner but not a director so it doesnt get associated with wss when you credit check it

As I said Andrew credit checking never gives the full picture, I have had first experience of this. I also own another co where the accounts are overdue but this is down to my chartered accountant having too much work in January (Tossers that cant get their returns in on time), mind you Im the owner but not a director so it doesnt get associated with wss when you credit check it

These were months Pete, many months and several of them.

I agree there are many reasons, but seems they don't practice what they preach.

Archived