Security Installer Community

Nsi Or Ssaib

J_G

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're only as good as the 3 sites you let the lovely inspector visit. Sometimes I question why we as an industry even bother.

I give him a choice, we dont all cheat some of us think there is little point

Yes but there are firms that do cheat and do get away with it.

run around with gold badge and do shocking work so you can see why people might believe that the inspectorate is nothing more than a cash cow.

take part p for example it hasent made fully qual sparks work safer just stole some of there cash! and the dodgy cash in hand guy still gets the work.

I give him a choice, we dont all cheat some of us think there is little point

My point was it shouldn't be up to the installer to tell the inspectorate where he is going at all. It should be random. Installers should be living in constant fear that any shoddy work might get found out and a bollocking from the inspectorate is on its way. But that's hardly how it happens.

Hell if it wasn't for the insurance co's and consultants how many graded systems would we have installed in the last 6-7 years.

My point was it shouldn't be up to the installer to tell the inspectorate where he is going at all. It should be random. Installers should be living in constant fear that any shoddy work might get found out and a bollocking from the inspectorate is on its way. But that's hardly how it happens.

Hell if it wasn't for the insurance co's and consultants how many graded systems would we have installed in the last 6-7 years.

I agree with your point, even though I dont think it is quite that bad I have worked for for a couple of Golds and their work was outstanding. I am aware of Golds in my area that are **** and cheap, but they have started to become unstuck now though, trying to sell a company that doesnt charge enough for anything and has a reputation for installing **** looks like hard work.

Personally I cant see what they think they are trying to achieve, it takes just as long to do it right as it does to do it wrong, in fact in most cases its quicker to do it right in the first place, ie do the meter readings properly rather than in the van whilst driving home you will spot the high resistance on the front door contact and save you getting called out at silly oclock in the morning costing you valuable sleep time and fuel

My point was not all Golds are cheats some of us are Gold because we want to be the best, not because its the only way to sell alarms, some of us actually see the purpose of the inspectorate and why its there

I agree with your point, even though I dont think it is quite that bad I have worked for for a couple of Golds and their work was outstanding. I am aware of Golds in my area that are **** and cheap, but they have started to become unstuck now though, trying to sell a company that doesnt charge enough for anything and has a reputation for installing **** looks like hard work.

Personally I cant see what they think they are trying to achieve, it takes just as long to do it right as it does to do it wrong, in fact in most cases its quicker to do it right in the first place, ie do the meter readings properly rather than in the van whilst driving home you will spot the high resistance on the front door contact and save you getting called out at silly oclock in the morning costing you valuable sleep time and fuel

My point was not all Golds are cheats some of us are Gold because we want to be the best, not because its the only way to sell alarms, some of us actually see the purpose of the inspectorate and why its there

QFA

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I pay to be in an inspectorate therefore I use the inspections as an opportunity, from tapping him for who's doing what, whats new, what could we do better etc etc.

I cant see the point of paying their fees only to be obtuse.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

I pay to be in an inspectorate therefore I use the inspections as an opportunity, from tapping him for who's doing what, whats new, what could we do better etc etc.

I cant see the point of paying their fees only to be obtuse.

URNs simple as. I agree with Pete but for some its just about URNs.

URNs simple as. I agree with Pete but for some its just about URNs.

Maybe this is where the problem lies.

As an example all our boys just took the CIS H&S test, what a joke! None prepaired for this they all just turnd up and past because everyone knows the scheme is a joke. We have to have these for CHAS and we need CHAS for one customer.

Their is no diffrence in my mind between what we did here and what others do for URNs No measure. No competance. No acheivement. Just a badge and a bit of paper that has no serious value to the informed.

Customers!

Maybe this is where the problem lies.

As an example all our boys just took the CIS H&S test, what a joke! None prepaired for this they all just turnd up and past because everyone knows the scheme is a joke. We have to have these for CHAS and we need CHAS for one customer.

Their is no diffrence in my mind between what we did here and what others do for URNs No measure. No competance. No acheivement. Just a badge and a bit of paper that has no serious value to the informed.

true, but don't forget that scheme is designed for every moron in the construction and service industry, I bet some fail.

We have constructionline and safecontractor, again a bit of a piss take.

true, but don't forget that scheme is designed for every moron in the construction and service industry, I bet some fail.

We have constructionline and safecontractor, again a bit of a piss take.

You on a half day?

Are you agreeing that the SSAIB is a scheme desighned for every moron in the intruder industry that just need a badge for the URN?

Are you compareing the two and suggesting its a bit of a piss take?

;)

Customers!

You on a half day?

Are you agreeing that the SSAIB is a scheme desighned for every moron in the intruder industry that just need a badge for the URN?

Are you compareing the two and suggesting its a bit of a piss take?

;)

haha I wish.

I would say things have been dumbed down from your day ;) Trying and complying almost seems optional.

Yes, you could also do pull the shame stunt with the NSI if you wanted too.....

Mr? Veritas God

I would agree with you Jeff we have to have CSCS to work on every construction site down this way. Yet it hasnt stopped other contractors having fatal accidents on the construction sites we have worked recently. I think the point of these things is to prove that you're not employing complete and utter morons, and you cant get sued if your employee used the wrong type of ladder if you have trained him not to use the wrong type of ladder. I find decent RAMS and everyone on the job has read the RAMS and signed to say they have and will work to it covers most situations

• 3 weeks later...

Ive have been evaluating this topic for years. I conclude that the SSAIB route is the easy route and anyone can get approval.

The difference between the two is massive although the implications are small.

I concede that to opt for the NACOSS route today is masochistic, time consuming and expensive.

After 33 years as a NICEIC full scope contractor I will be dropping this dead in the water as worthless. I will also be looking for a cost saving by opting to subscribe to SSAIB, an organisation I am loathed to support

Customers!

they disliked our sole trader tax accounts, despite there concerns where still here.....

Stick the V's up to them, take it you wouldnt reapply in the future.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

I will also be looking for a cost saving by opting to subscribe to SSAIB, an organisation I am loathed to support

Most of what you post which catches my interest is often about cost savings, fobs & mobiles from china, PYAG Sims, SIP lines & car kits being recent things I recall.

A change of inspectorate would be unlikely to be noticed by subscribers, in fact binning them completely would save the most money,

timestamp='[/color]1333779826' post='282884']

take it you wouldnt reapply in the future.

never say never..... however my interest is in making money, I can't see us increasing our costs when where often too expensive for the enquriys which come in.

Mr? Veritas God

Most of what you post which catches my interest is often about cost savings, fobs & mobiles from china, PYAG Sims, SIP lines & car kits being recent things I recall.

A change of inspectorate would be unlikely to be noticed by subscribers, in fact binning them completely would save the most money,

You’re most observant:

I will spend more if it saves long term.

I will cost cut if there is no loss of quality or performance.

I will retain ISO 9001 procedures but may have to change or drop the certification body.

I will never sacrifice quality for cost.

I have measured the diffrence between the two and found that only one does a proper job and this is of absoloutly no benifit to me in fact its to my detriment.

The CIS card highlighted just how shallow the trades are. No one gives a poo

Customers!

Archived