Security Installer Community

Nsi Or Ssaib

J_G

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the evidence of what we come across that's not exactly true.

probably true... we took over a DD243 system from A**l this week - been in for years but could never have actually sent confirmed, user reset all round and some other bits.. I haven't had the full story from the tech yet but it doesn't look good.

On the evidence of what we come across that's not exactly true.

The accreditation is only as good as the inspector who visits site and depends on his ability to give a ****.

ive seen some nsi gold company installs they dont usually differ from any others but have also seen very poor ones.

its the engineers who work for the outfit that make a difference not the governing body

The accreditation is only as good as the inspector who visits site and depends on his ability to give a ****.

ive seen some nsi gold company installs they dont usually differ from any others but have also seen very poor ones.

its the engineers who work for the outfit that make a difference not the governing body

I disagree I haven't ever come across a bad inspector in 30 years, and Ive met a few in my time SSAIB and NSI. However, some companies do not play fair and only let the inspector see what they want him too.

Sadly the spirit of the industry is just not there with some companies, we could get grade A inspections everytime if we decided which sites to take the inspector, but we want to know if we are doing something wrong, we want to improve our engineers, surveyors, and we need to be sure that we have interpreted the standards correctly. Usually its the cheapest companies that cut corners (I said usually) they see training, paying for engineers with a brain, and doing the job properly as expensive. The problem as I see it is most of these companies are being run by ex engineers with no business acumen and unfortunately it devalues the industry for us all, makes it harder to compete when A.N.Other is half the price of you especially when he has the same badge as you. This is why whenever I come across something wrong I report it to the inspectorate, it is the only defence the good guys have

Hence 'the badge' proves nothing.

I disagree I haven't ever come across a bad inspector in 30 years, and Ive met a few in my time SSAIB and NSI. However, some companies do not play fair and only let the inspector see what they want him too.

Sadly the spirit of the industry is just not there with some companies, we could get grade A inspections everytime if we decided which sites to take the inspector, but we want to know if we are doing something wrong, we want to improve our engineers, surveyors, and we need to be sure that we have interpreted the standards correctly. Usually its the cheapest companies that cut corners (I said usually) they see training, paying for engineers with a brain, and doing the job properly as expensive. The problem as I see it is most of these companies are being run by ex engineers with no business acumen and unfortunately it devalues the industry for us all, makes it harder to compete when A.N.Other is half the price of you especially when he has the same badge as you. This is why whenever I come across something wrong I report it to the inspectorate, it is the only defence the good guys have

QFA, full of idiots who just want to say they are a director rather than an engineer. I don't understand it myself, if you are still driving around in a battered old van after god knows how many years and coming out with less than I would pay an engineer, what is the point?

will, regardless of wether you have a NSI or SSAIB bagde or not your require the will to run your co. properly,

a significant amount of time & money is required to achieve & maintain either,

Over the say the last rolling month new bussines which 100% definitely required aproval is just 3 jobs (2 URN's & a G2X)

Mr? Veritas God

will, regardless of wether you have a NSI or SSAIB bagde or not your require the will to run your co. properly,

a significant amount of time & money is required to achieve & maintain either,

Over the say the last rolling month new bussines which 100% definitely required aproval is just 3 jobs (2 URN's & a G2X)

A pretty fair summary

A pretty fair summary

Ever since I started using the electronic version of the local chip wrapper to vent my spleen on, my TSI content almost reasonable & balanced.....

Whilst other industrys may produce almost over night success stories with Overfinches & Mansions the professional security industry despite having to jump though a number of hoops is oftend the poor relation IMHO.

Mr? Veritas God

So jump ship quick then?

Btw, i agree the badge matters not, it just licenses you to install at that level. its the quality of your staff that make it a professional install, and the depth of your resources. All trade members here are, imo, at or near the top, hence they sought this forum out and chose to give time to the forum. ssaib or nsi matters not as they both grant the same rewards. Personally im a ssaib installer, and i choose to insult major nsi installers, as their work standards are clearly inferior. yet i feel certain there are nsi installers in the same boat as me, looking at the general quality of ssaib installs that they come across and thinking, htf did they ever let that bunch ever install police response.

Go with the name that tickles your fancy imo, and good luck

Archived