Security Installer Community

Well, if your firm is anything like mine you will be given all the manuals to peruse and equipment to 'play with' before the installation date comes along.

NOT!

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

NOT!

lol. Theres nothing quite like the feeling u get sitting in a riser cupboard, installation manuals strewn around u, phone battery flat with nothing working, and cml at 9 am the next day.

Dont you just love the challenge of new products!

Good to be understood.

It's one of the great failings in this country, communication, sorry I meant, lack of communication.

I've never understood this. Customers wound up because the 'firm' doesn't ring back as promosed, WHY?

There is NO excuse. To keep good customer relations always do as you say and contact first.

Complete and utter bull**** can be given, but that contact has been made.

Now rethink the above to your work situation, how does the above relate?

One of my favorites is to arrive on site, 1st service following installation to find a control panel I've never seen / heard of before, let alone been given the manuals.

I walk off site after making my excuses.

I'm not going to 'play' with something that I don't know, never mind not being able to gain access because I don't know the procedure for entering the engineer code.

i could go on, but rant over (for now).

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

One of my favorites is to arrive on site, 1st service following installation to find a control panel I've never seen / heard of before, let alone been given the manuals.

I walk off site after making my excuses.

I'm not going to 'play' with something that I don't know, never mind not being able to gain access because I don't know the procedure for entering the engineer code.

You're an engineer right??? So stop moaning and engineer it. Nothing wrong with a challenge, challenges are what keep me sane!

You're an engineer right??? So stop moaning and engineer it. Nothing wrong with a challenge, challenges are what keep me sane!

Well I bet your customers love watching you work, did I say work? Sorry I meant reading the manual. That installs, notice the pun, great confidence I don't think. Not professional by any description.

Archived