Security Installer Community

Gardtec 595 Info & Help

bm_99

People, came across a gardtec 595 plastic type panel today, was just a normal r.i and battery change but when checking the panel battery charging voltage i was only getting 4.79/4.8 v d/c surely not right is it?, also checked at the plug on module behing the panels board where the leads plug into the panel and same voltage there aswell. But the aux voltage is still normal 13.7 :dontgetit:

Range risco/gardtec and tried what they said and nothing. only other thing they said after i left site is try defaulting and re-powering and re-programming but was to late, surely that wouldnt solve it any way right as it sounds like a hardware prob not software

Any info people, cheers

Strange this one as the panel should tell you the battery is low below 11.8v.

What does it say in the log?

Another case it could be a watchdog problem where the chip has corrupted and a full default is required. (could be de to mains spiking)

!

SOme panels (i dont know this one) drop their charge voltage if the batt is disconnected. Did you meter it with the battery connected or disconnected?

checkd it both ways mate

Strange this one as the panel should tell you the battery is low below 11.8v.

What does it say in the log?

Another case it could be a watchdog problem where the chip has corrupted and a full default is required. (could be de to mains spiking)

didnt look in the log and dont say a full default could fix it lol,

I don't think the charging voltage on a 595 should drop that low. I've always had around 13.65 volts on the end of the battery leads when disconnected from the battery. Have you check the inline fuse holder? If it's loose, that can cause problems. Also, try disconnecting all aux loads (bell, keypad, PIR supply etc) all though if something were dragging the voltage down, you'd expect a drop on the aux supply too...

Does the panel stay on with the mains disconnected?

Trade Member

I don't think the charging voltage on a 595 should drop that low. I've always had around 13.65 volts on the end of the battery leads when disconnected from the battery. Have you check the inline fuse holder? If it's loose, that can cause problems. Also, try disconnecting all aux loads (bell, keypad, PIR supply etc) all though if something were dragging the voltage down, you'd expect a drop on the aux supply too...

Does the panel stay on with the mains disconnected?

Yeah checked the inline fuse mate, no loseness and checked on the loop side of the meter no problems either

The Aux supply is fine aswell. & panel does stat on and work with the mains on

Archived