Security Installer Community

C-Tec/alarmsense Vs Twinflex

12 members have voted

1. 1. C-tec/alarmsense vs Twinflex

• C-tec/Alarmsense
    • Twinflex
    • Other

cheers mate, Ill have a good luck look today.

what a tard if i do say so myself

Yeah, we've used the Fulleon Squashni sounder bases on loads of jobs.There's also a version with an LED beacon and a stand alone wall sounder aswell.

Looking at the sounders, do they not work on any conventional system?

If thats the case why does everyone not just use these lol?

I think they do a conventional and a 2 wire version. We've never used the conventional one before. Saves so much time with the sounder bases compared to stand alone.

With the concept panel, you use conventional MCPs and detectors/bases with Fulleon 2 wire sounders. Just flip the dipswitch in the panel over to 2 wire mode and you're good to go!

Trade Member

I think they do a conventional and a 2 wire version. We've never used the conventional one before. Saves so much time with the sounder bases compared to stand alone.

With the concept panel, you use conventional MCPs and detectors/bases with Fulleon 2 wire sounders. Just flip the dipswitch in the panel over to 2 wire mode and you're good to go!

looking at the Fulleon sounders it seems they will work with most panels, you just need a module.

The addition of a small module, connected between the panel’s detection and alarm zones, allows the 2 - Wire Symphoni and Squashni to operate with unmodified conventional detectors and call points.

We use haes twin for conv systems and advanced for addressable haes panels are great.rafiki is cheap and nasty we dont even take over sites

who have them because the faults become detrimental to your rep.

also had a customer specify addressable system for 2 bgu and 2 smokes wtf

also had a customer specify addressable system for 2 bgu and 2 smokes wtf

It's their money,customer is always right,give it to them, they've obviously got to much 'googling' time on their hands!.

• 3 months later...

Has anyone used the twinflex pro yet?

How can you have a ***** bit of kit made into a pro version?

The black one? If so yes we used it for the job I made this thread about, customer and engineers liked it.

All the advice you had and you went with that sack of ****, why did you bother asking for advice/recommendations.

bet that job ends up haunting you.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

All the advice you had and you went with that sack of ****, why did you bother asking for advice/recommendations.

Sounds like your not a fan.

Been fitting this kit for longer than i can remember with no serious issues.

You fit Radio?

Customers!

bet that job ends up haunting you.

I asked, listened and used it to help me make my choice. I may live to regret it but its been fine so far.

Sounds like your not a fan.

Been fitting this kit for longer than i can remember with no serious issues.

You fit Radio?

I'm a non-believer in twinflex and anything rafiki.

Ive put loads on here about them, just cant see any positives in them as a firm or their kit.

Maybe ive been unlucky, but ive never had so many issues with one firm.

Ive never installed anything rafiki other than swapping devices/panels - like for like.

remember their old panels that had one battery and a step up transformer, that was piss poor, think ive swapped out all bar one of them i service.

**** to service them, cant remove heads without steps, sita weird fault issues on zones it doesnt have, standby times on sita. and loads more.

Dont do radio mate, only ever been asked once.

I asked, listened and used it to help me make my choice. I may live to regret it but its been fine so far.

furry muff

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

I'm of similar opinion ,

Never had any trouble with the twinflex, easy to setup the panel.

Multipoint heads can be a god send if the ustomer decides they want to put a kettle or something in a bedroom ( used them a lot in b and bs)

Saves time and money .

But then again each to there own

an analogue fire alarm is quite an investment, I find the potential for any cost saving measures to bite back puts me right off dabbling in the unknown.

multi sensors are a great idea, if you own a testifire !

Mr? Veritas God

id agree on the point about the steps. We still havnt got the new heads that you can remove with a pole (like the addressable) on the twinflex but im told its soon.

re SITA never used the sita panel but it has been withdrawn now (pretty much) ive always used a single loop duonet.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We have nothing but trouble with em, tbh

There is nothing wrong with a good basic conventional system on a small to medium site, way more stable than a twin flex imo

Can you walk test a twin flex without the sounders?

I rarely have trouble with them BUT! This week i was reduced to reading the installer manual after getting a number of differing spurios problems It was getting late about 9pm and i wasnt having much joy. Now i have been a Rafiki user for a long long time and i discovered the cause of my problem from the manual. It transpires that the unused terminals at the EOL devices should be tightened. I gave it a try thinking this to be a pointless exersice and hey presto everything started to behave.

The issue i now have is all our other jobs where none seems to have been aware.

And yes you can walk test without sounders along with massive amount of other features that most panels cant get close too. level 1-3 access including changing codes. key if preffered. log for z and device type. status of detector and eol. company details on LCD display. and and and

Customers!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived