Security Installer Community

Indoor Chimer / Siren For Texecom Premier 24

jaykay1975

Hi

I have a Texecom Premier 24 fitted with 2 smoke detectors, when the detectors activate they set of the alarm inside the keypad, so not very effective as a hazard warning!

I already have 2 external bells fitted for the main alarm, does anyone know if I can fit an indoor siren just for the smoke alarm? And which compatible one would you recommend?

Thanks for any advice.

Thank you for the advice, its much appreciated. When you say the speaker terminals, which ones do you mean? Are there speaker terminals in the control unit, or are you refering to the little speaker in the keypad?

Also, how would I then get the smoke detectors (both configured as 1 zone) to activate that speaker terminal?

(sorry for asklng more questions!)

When you say the speaker terminals, which ones do you mean?

Speaker terminals are in the control panel on the right side of the PCB adj Bell terminals.

Are there speaker terminals in the control unit, or are you refering to the little speaker in the keypad?

As above, if you have a Large Screen keypad there are also terminals in there to run a speaker.

Definately not the little speaker in the keypad!

Also, how would I then get the smoke detectors (both configured as 1 zone) to activate that speaker terminal?

The zone(s) with the smoke detector should be programmed as Fire.

The alarm panel know's to make the Fire tone on activiton of these zones.

Also external bell will ring intermittantly and keypad tones.

Silence the alarm with user code.

If the setting(arm/disarm) tones are too loud when you fit a speaker, you will need to lower the "Advisory Volume"

• 8 months later...
JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ If your using thbis for fire detection and dont know how to wire it pass it on to someone that does.

If you dont know ask? dont see what the problem is, is this not the reason the forum was brought into existence in the first place :-)

Yes it requires a positive connection. I however normally use the Bell +ve.

cheers mate, I added a internal speaker today to a system that we have got setup as a test system, bell + and sndr - worked :-)

If you dont know ask? dont see what the problem is, is this not the reason the forum was brought into existence in the first place :-)
We trully are spiting ourselves to help others here now.

To the first, of course. That IS why we are here. To assist and also expand our knowledge. The "founders here and myself agree on this for trade only purposes of course.

The second,I am unsure of your terminology here fozzies?

Do you mean, well I am unsure TBH so you tell me/us.

I see here someone not understanding a simple wiring concept of a device that he is going to rely on to protect his family and himself.

Surely most here would agree if your not sure about this, you call in an "expert".

I for one will repair almost anything in my house, but GAS............nope I use a well trusted, reconmended (and also afriend, what a touch) to do that for me.

As my friends "USE" me for alarm/fire/access/locksmithing services.......wish it was a few years back when I sent an employee to do this for me ,,,,,,,lol

I can understand asking, damn-have asked before here and with TECH. In fact one here mentioned I knew too many TECH help lines. Ny answer was and is to this day....................you work on 3 or 3 types or IAS soem access. I work on all. And sometimes have to call.

On the flip side I have assisted and helped the suppliers/manufactures in their systems management also, so "backward engineering " so to speak.

**** this is painful now even to type, but then again been on the go since 06:00 yesterday, who said getting divorced got you away from the ex!!!!!

Archived