Security Installer Community

Texecom Veritas 8 Cannot Be Full Set.

KenW

I recently disconnected a Mirage quad PIR detector from my Texecom Veritas 8 system in order to redecorate. Now that I have reconnected it and tried to full set the alarm system, I get a recurring 5 beep tone with five of the zone positions showing a red light on the RKP panel. The only zone which does not show red is the PA zone. I have also noticed that none of the three PIR detectors in the system is showing a red light when anybody moves around in front of the detector.

How do I progress to find out what has gone wrong? I don't want to unintentionally set off the alarm in case my user code has become inoperative. This is because I would have to set up a scaffold outside if I had to disconnect the bell box because it is in a fairly inaccessible spot.

I know the engineers code as well as my user code. I have the installation manual. The system was installed by myself just under 6 years ago. The battery in the control panel is a 2.1amp hour 12v lead acid battery.

Ken W.

My thanks for the several pieces of advice given to me. I have now successfully restored my system to working order. For anyone else who is perhaps following this thread for advice, my sequence of events was as follows:

1) I isolated the mains by taking out the fuse from the spur box supply.

2) I pressed "RESET", Entered the Engineers code ****, Pressed "PROG". All the keypad lights illuminated.

3) I removed the control panel cover and replaced the blown fuse (Aux and Speaker fuse).

4) I disconnected the battery, red (+) terminal first and then black (-) terminal.

5) I connected the new battery in reverse order to disconnection (ie. black then red).

6) The control panel started beeping.

7) I replaced the front cover and entered my user code to stop the panel beeping.

8) I replaced the mains fuse and the system is now restored to working order.

Thanks again to everybody for their help.

FYI if you remove mains and battery the externel sounder should ring. Due to the system being completely powered down.

Interesting. This didn't happen. Should I be worried that something else is wrong? When I said that the system was now working, I may have been a bit premature. All my room detectors now flash red when anybody walks about in the room. My user code was successful in stopping the beeps following the new battery installation. My chime zone still works but I haven't tried to fully arm the system at the time of writing.I suppose I should conduct a strobe / sounder test. I believe my Veritas booklet has some guidance on this.

Yep, bellbox/bellbox battery is probably faulty.

Even testing the external sounder via the test menu, will not test for a faulty bell battery.

The only test is to remove the Hold off voltage (remove power to bell)

If you leave the Hold off removed, it should only ring for 15/20 minutes max. and stop.

Yep, bellbox/bellbox battery is probably faulty.

Even testing the external sounder via the test menu, will not test for a faulty bell battery.

The only test is to remove the Hold off voltage (remove power to bell)

If you leave the Hold off removed, it should only ring for 15/20 minutes max. and stop.

OK. What is the consequence of leaving things as they are? I have now tested the strobe and external sounder which appear to work if I fully arm the system and effect an entry without disarming the system. If the bell battery is faulty, it doesn't seem to matter for the normal operation of the alarm. However, if I attempt to test the external sounder by using the diagnostic codes via the keypad, nothing happens, i.e. the sounder will not activate. As I say, I can arm the system and leave the house in the knowledge that an unlawful break-in will activate the alarm. So I am obviously missing something about the purpose of the bell battery.

the bell battery purpose is so that if the bell is removed from the wall, cable cut, control panel attacked etc it can use the internal battery to sound. Else it would be simple to break in, knock panel of the wall and silence the alarm. It will operate, but so will a car with no doors etc it has an essential component failed

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

the bell battery purpose is so that if the bell is removed from the wall, cable cut, control panel attacked etc it can use the internal battery to sound. Else it would be simple to break in, knock panel of the wall and silence the alarm. It will operate, but so will a car with no doors etc it has an essential component failed

Ah! Thank you. Now I see its purpose.

Archived