Security Installer Community

Ideas For Mounting Door Contact On Glass Doors With Metal Frame

JasonOfOz

Hi Everyone,

We have been trying to get some more ideas on how to mount door contacts to these glass double doors we have been working on.

They are inward opening and surrounded by a metal frame with limited access.

Does anyone have any other ideas for an easy and tidy installation?

Anything considered as this one is driving us mad!

ps. see picture for a better idea.

post-16198-0-80395900-1329542761_thumb.j

Ali contact onto the maglock bracket,eg

http://www.knightplastics.com/view_item.asp?id=236

It looks like there may be small gap you might be able to squeeze a contact and magnetic into. Assuming of course that you can cable to it.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

Technically we could say to the Client that since the door won't shut properly anyway, this effectively removes the challenge around the door contact - but alas no....

For those of you with such sharp vision, well spotted!!

If you also take a peek at the access control forum, I did put a post in about ideas to retrospectively mount a maglock to this frame so problem solved thanks to everyone's thoughts. http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/topic/32572-custom-zl-bracket-ideas-glass-door-with-aluminimum-frame/

(Big share to clients is to ensure that your security installer shouldn't be left to the last minute..)

Thanks so far for the ideas for the door contact.

Don't forget we have 2 glass doors (only one has a maglock as the other leaf is bolted down, but still obviously needs a DC).

No, job isn't in Manchester.

Thanks...

Archived