Security Installer Community

Customers Smoking

magpye

i dont agree mate. not with smoking. and what if its an ethnic smoker?

Ahhh, as it happens, you've hit the nail on the head there. The cigarettes are very obviously NOT English & and come from foreign lands.

B***** awful stink, and he's a chain smoker. One on, another on, another on, even in the loo.  (and no, I don't go in there with him)

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Ask your lads to politely speak to your customer. I am sure most people would appreciate not all like to be subjected to second hand smoke they just do not realise how rude they are being. 

Its a simple balance exercise. How many occasions is this situation actually going to happen? (not many) Then factor in how many times its going to happen and when your guy asks them not to smoke around them how many will say they wont stop? (not many x2)

If you get this far lose the custom or go yourself if too lucrative to lose (not many x3)

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

Ask your lads to politely speak to your customer. I am sure most people would appreciate not all like to be subjected to second hand smoke they just do not realise how rude they are being. 

Its a simple balance exercise. How many occasions is this situation actually going to happen? (not many) Then factor in how many times its going to happen and when your guy asks them not to smoke around them how many will say they wont stop? (not many x2)

If you get this far lose the custom or go yourself if too lucrative to lose (not many x3)

I'm not and never have been a smoker. I really don't see the attraction but on the flipside, I don't have any beef with any people who want to smoke as long as it doesn't effect me.

In fairness I generally find smokers extremely considerate of others and don't usually come across an issue. The only problem intend to get on a weekly basis is when we go for tea there is an army congregated by the front door and we have to walk through the haze to get in but thats far better than the days when smoking was allowed in the restaurant.

The other day I was shocked. A unit a couple of doors down had taken in a delivery for us so I went to collect it and 3 of their staff were being allowed to smoke inside the building.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Archived