Security Installer Community

Dualpath Gsm & Pstn Speech Dialler

Thats not quite right though is it?

Just because a company is approved doesn't mean there any better than a company that isnt and its the same with all trades!

I didn't say they would be any better, but look at it from jp point of veiw if you have something that a burglar would take a risk to steal then your gonna be looking for the best protection you can afford not the cheapest, so the market is different, and no real point to dual path on a non approved system

Cutting the BT line isn't really that extreme, it's usually readily accessable on the exterior of the building in some way, the extreme part is actually breaking a window, forcing a door, strangling the alsation-and then ransacking the place not knowing if anyone has seen you enter, heard you etc.

The discussion about whether a NSI/SSAIB instal is better/more reliable than an instal by a non affiliated company has done the rounds-affiliated members will undoubtedly stick to their guns as will Joe Bloggs who installs to all the latest en requirements but everyone says is void because he aint a member of the gang.

You missed my point I wasnt attacking unaproved companies. It may be a little different down South but in the twenty five odd years I've been in this trade I can count on one hand the amount of burglaries I know of where the phone line was cut first. And every one of them were places that had high value contents.

We only use Emizon now. so far works well. Connects to site broadband and uses GSM card that pics network that has strongest signal. On galaxy connects to AB line or u can use out puts. Even remote dial in is availible, so thats the next thing i would like to try out, not done that yet.

We only use Emizon now. so far works well. Connects to site broadband and uses GSM card that pics network that has strongest signal. On galaxy connects to AB line or u can use out puts. Even remote dial in is availible, so thats the next thing i would like to try out, not done that yet.

We have a few fitted and the remote on the galaxy works very well indeed but the big problem we have is setting the thing up, the firewalls etc on most large sites cause us mega problems.

If we could install and make it work in less time i would make it our standard signalling device.

You're adding a third fourth and sometimes fifth party to the monitoring by doing this, the isp, the router if its not on a ups, and sometimes the IT department. I looked at Emizon and WW1 and thought no thanks

cheers for all the comments chaps. Looks like I opened a can of worms! My main point was that I just want to offer the best form of signalling I can at present to my customers without police response. I do a lot of work on farms and the phonelines are often very accessible to cut if burglars wanted to. Being a new company my goal is to obviously to become accredited. Problem is that takes time and money.

cheers for all the comments chaps. Looks like I opened a can of worms! My main point was that I just want to offer the best form of signalling I can at present to my customers without police response. I do a lot of work on farms and the phonelines are often very accessible to cut if burglars wanted to. Being a new company my goal is to obviously to become accredited. Problem is that takes time and money.

If you sell a dual path signalling product to a farmer today which costs him nothing each year (and therefore makes you nothing) what do you think he will say in 2 years time when you are approved and then want to charge him £100's for (in his opinion rightly or wrongly) the same thing?

Don't undersell youself (and everyone else).

Sell him what ever you want but make sure he pays for it!

I don't under sell myself, I fit good quality products and fit them very well (compared with many accredited firms!). I also offer maintenance contracts. Just want to offer my customers decent signalling in the mean time.

Not suggesting otherwise but make sure you charge for the monitoring - this is where your long term revenue will come from.

Archived