Security Installer Community

Which Panel To Use

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I choose to stay with pyronix/castle for all panels now, excellent tech support and really good kit.

When I started my business we decided to use the Castle range throughout, we still do 4 years on. Wireless, we started with the Visonic (Enforcer wasn't around then) stuff but in the last year have moved onto the Enforcer after so many issues with Powermax.

As you say the tech support is great and the kit is reliable.

Bells not working all the time, PIR's totally going to sleep, batteries lasting a week and the pet tolerant detectors not actually being pet tolerant at all!

There was an issue with the old model bells, had to replace about 20 or so now.

Batteries should be checked on install some kits have been in the wholesaler for a while.

Pet friendly PIR's are fine you have to get the mounting height and location perfect tho.

Well even Visonic couldn't work it out why the PIRs had the issues, all mounted at the correct heights etc. In the end they swapped them out for the K980 wireless PIR, good as gold ever since. I still speak to friends from old companies I have worked for, they get the PIRs swapped for the K980's due to the same problems.

Batteries would be changed with brand new and be dead a week later, swapped PIRs all fine since.

The bell issue was around 3 years ago I think, but have had a couple recently that would drop off the system for no reason. Replaced with new and fine ever since.

Just too many problems that we have experienced and heard about for us to keep using them.

• 3 months later...

Archived