Security Installer Community

Do You Still Have Paper Manuals?

Amps

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still prefer paper. I have one manual, which is a composite of the important pages from all the panels I work on usually. 90% of the installer manual is stuff you already know. I need code tables, references, power specs, diagnostic codes etc, so that's all I take with me. Every so often when I get an unfamiliar panel then it's laptop+google to the rescue. I do so much dislike those sites that want to charge a fiver for manuals in PDF even though it cost them nothing, but still wind up having to use them :(

The best solution i have found is my galaxy s2 tethered to the laptop and go on line to tsi if i dont already have them on the laptop

AbleAlarmMan

Able Alarm Ltd

Still prefer paper. I have one manual, which is a composite of the important pages from all the panels I work on usually. 90% of the installer manual is stuff you already know. I need code tables, references, power specs, diagnostic codes etc, so that's all I take with me. Every so often when I get an unfamiliar panel then it's laptop+google to the rescue. I do so much dislike those sites that want to charge a fiver for manuals in PDF even though it cost them nothing, but still wind up having to use them :(

Yeah, I know what you mean mate, I hate it when a business trys to make money...

• 3 weeks later...

Used to have a Red paper Scanny Bible with 98 Info.

Bloody embarassed not to find it the recent Pdf version held on my Phone..

Now printed on paper and in the file...

Luckily the customer isn't rushed..

TBH...My mistake..

(Still need them..!!?!!) yup

Archived