Security Installer Community

Accenta G3 -Lengthy Power Down

jonm

HI-could I aks for some expert advice once again please. I have friends who have just bought a house which has an Accenta G3 alarm, RKP, 3 pirs, one front door contact, one external sounder. The power has been off to the property for about a year. The electricity will be reconnected later this week. We have a copy of the engineer manual, and the user guide. My question is, will the panel have retained its old code and therefore need fully resetting, or, will it have reverted to the factory set user code ? I realise it will need an engineer visit, but, in the meantime, my friends are concerned that it might start sounding when power is restored. Any advice gratefully received.Thanks.

It should have retained codes and programming,but I have known it where a system hasn't been properly down powered for it to revert to factory settings-either way codes should work-old or default, to silence when repowered-as suggested by yourself though and engineer service would definitely be the way to go-they will fully check the system through and test.

Archived