Security Installer Community

Neigbour Dispute

modernjim

Customer wants camera to monitor next doors bungalow,s back door due to antisocial behaviour[starring and shouting from] Not sure i can do this but siting the camera anywhere on the drive will cover some of next doors anyway.Any advice welcome.

Run away!

Cameras have programmable privacy zones so we dont get jailed in circumstances like that!

Even if im wrong on my interpretation of the law, can you imagine the grief of being sued by their neighbours, all for a few pounds?

As far as i,am conserned i,ll fit the camera and will cover customers drive then if the want to alter coverage so be it.

Personally I wouldn't get involved in a job like this they always just give grief. But if you must then do as above. Further, IMO your quote needs to be clear about the operational requirement of the system, and your handover needs to include a signed document stating the customer is happy with the coverage etc and you need to burn off some images to be kept in the job file.

After this if the customer swings the camera round then they cant blame you.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

Personally I wouldn't get involved in a job like this they always just give grief. But if you must then do as above. Further, IMO your quote needs to be clear about the operational requirement of the system, and your handover needs to include a signed document stating the customer is happy with the coverage etc and you need to burn off some images to be kept in the job file.

After this if the customer swings the camera round then they cant blame you.

Sound advice

Hey Ho, Lets Go

I'd stay away as well. Been in this situation. Had a customer phone me on Christmas day to move a camera because he couldn't see what he wanted. They want to cover a massive area with 1 camera and still get a face. Tell him to fit a camcorder in his bedroom window and he can film what he wants.

Or even better move house.

Archived