Security Installer Community

Dowshu 3016 - Password Reset?

cctvdude

We are a CCTV installer and have had an old Dowshu 3016 from a trade-in sitting in our stores for a while - the engineer cannot remember the dvr passwords he put into the machine - is there any way we can bypass this or do a factory reset without having to send unit back to dowshu.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Topgunn - I have rang them currently another supplier (New Wave Solutions) is looking after Dowshu repairs for UK & Ireland until Dowshu China establish new European centre here in Feb 2012 so we have no history with this company. The girl that I spoke to didn't entertain me at all or want to know who we were just point blankly refused any help at all - just told me to send it back. If you are able to help it would be greatly appreciated.

Dowshu, despite the oriental sounding name were/are (not sure which anymore) an Irish company, installer turned distributor turned manufacturer.

They still have a number in Cork so try ringing +353 (0)21 4323070 but the cards the use in their newer DVRs are not the same as the 3016 (now a Chinese make I believe), in the 3016 afaik they used Win4Net cards out of Korea, there is a company in Nothern Ireland that now distribute these so they may be able to help also, www.baekenterprise.com

• 1 month later...

I realise this post was some time ago however i work for a company who regularily repair Dowshu DVRS and also supply the new Win4Net range of DVRS. (they made the origional dowshu dvrs). If you need any help with regards to these machines we would be happy to help. Please call 01772 330 777.

• 11 months later...

Yes Belfast Engineer. We are under a new account now but Business Insight 3 is the company that offer a repair service for Dowshu DVR's. We also repair all other DVR's. Standard repair cost is fixed at £90.00 excluding any parts replaced. And all parts replaced are covered by a 12 month warranty.

Yes Belfast Engineer. We are under a new account now but Business Insight 3 is the company that offer a repair service for Dowshu DVR's. We also repair all other DVR's. Standard repair cost is fixed at £90.00 excluding any parts replaced. And all parts replaced are covered by a 12 month warranty.

I

We use your guys time to time always very helpful and know what your talking about.

Archived