Security Installer Community

Ipaq 5450

morph

Guest Guest

Apparently the battery loss is normal.

It would make our life so much easier if manufacturers made software that works on a pda, would also help to cure the propblem of engineer codes and end users, if the panel could only be programmed using a PDA with a form of encryption or udl from the office.

But do manufacturers really listen to installers :rolleyes:

Got Ipaq 5555 same as Lurch left it for days (well lost it in the glove Box) recharge it and it was fine.

Anybody know of software that our industry use that will go on a IPAQ, would love Galaxy Gold on it for programming links. I think technistore remote reset software is the only i have seen but dont need it, ARC takes care of resets.

19802[/snapback]

wouldnt mind the tech remote reset software,if any one has it.. B)

eng

Was offered a copy of it before i had my Ipaq and turn it down (what a plonker) will try and contact a mate who had it, buts hes spilt up with his wife and moved 200 miles away working for group 4 access control.

Will try and get in conatct with him, if you have any luck getting a copy let me know.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

• 4 weeks later...

galgold wont work :no:

well i cant make it...

but the domnial software will work on our dell axim x5's we think...

james

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

have the teistore reset on my palmv but when got it technistore will only let u use seed code 000, unless u have permission from arc for another one, i think all arcs must register there seed code type of thing. lucky for me ooo is one we use

Hi all,

Sorry for the3 late reply. I also have a 5450 and it is frustrating to loose everything after leaving it for a while!

Anyway, I have found a small application that takes a complete backup (a mirror copy) and saves it as an EXE on you PC or SD Card.

I have tried it and it works! Lost everything, clicked on the exe file off the SD card and it restored back everything, eve the Tomtom settings.

It's called "Sprite Backup" I have an "evaluation copy" if anyone wants it.

cheers Darren.

Why bother forking out for a new program when its already built into the pocket version of windows.

I have a toshiba e740 running Pocket PC2002. In the programs folder there is a program called "data backup" which backs up everything onto a memory card and restores it when the batteries have gone flat. No need for a PC.

Surely Windows Mobile or whatever the new version is also has this

Demus

The built in version has limited features and you gain other useful features, like being able to backup to a host pc or network folder, you can even hard reset the device and restore the settings without having to install anything on your PPC. The premium version also has info like today screen resource monitor, current back up status, battery levels and available storage space.

And forgetting that storage cards do fail!

Archived