Security Installer Community

Sms Via Landline

drewabs

hi people,

just wondering if anyone has a take on SMS via landline?

were currently using texecom premier panels and there comm 2400, for up/down load, we have a client that has sets and unsets via the same unit, pretty niftie ( when it works ) always suffering with failure of sending txts, texecom saying its ntwork issues, so its winding the client up.

so does anyone one have any ideas ????

andy

change sms centre number to 07785499993

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Problem is as stated its the network, the default number in the panel is for O2 loads of issues last year and again more recently, the one quoted above is for Vodafone, reliability is to be fair no better. Free service should never be relied upon as the primary form of signalling, as a backup yes, but as stated if you want reliability the client needs to pay.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

I would say the reason it gained more popularity was due to the level of info sent, ie circuit alarmed etc. A speech dialler can't really do this. One of the things I like about the hkc is that is reports the text descriptor on the built in dialler. I'm suprised more lower end panels don't include a basic speech dialler maybe with sms backup but either way both should only be seen as low security

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived