Security Installer Community

Honeywell Galaxy Mk7 No Display And Power

kcgib

Hi everyone,

Hopefully someone on here can help me with my predicament, otherwise the missus will not be happy.

We are redecorating our hallway and I needed to remove one of the PIR sensors in order to paint behind it etc etc bah blah blah... Anyway, after removing the PIR I noticed that the display on our MK7 keypad wasn't working (not illuminated or anything) and I don't know what is wrong.

I have previously removed a different PIR and everything was fine, apart for the tamper warnings.

I have checked the control panel at the LED is illuminated to show power, and I have also reconnected all PIRs but no difference.

It is a Honeywell Galaxy system, with 3 Activ8 PIRs, and one MK7 keypad.

Is it something simple (hopefully) or have I broken something? If you need any further info please ask.

Any help is always appreciated.

Karl.

That's what I was thinking... There are 3 glass fuses that I can see in the control panel, two of which sound the bell box when removed (so presumably working OK) and the other can be removed with no effect (so presumably the blown one.

I'll go and get one tomorrow and fingers crossed it solves the problem,,, if not, any other possibilities?

Karl.

No display on keypad is pretty bleak if you havnt blown a fuse. most keypads at least light up if they have supply volts. the possibility that you have disturbed the communications connections between the keypad and the controlling electonics seems pretty slim from your description... but it is possible?

The only galaxy panels i have worked with are unfortunatley the large ones , but when they are disconnected from the communications loop, they are still backlit

Ok, so I went and got some fuses this morning and it seems to have done the trick as far as the no power to the keypad and PIRs.

However, the keypad is now just flashing with a line of "************".

How do I go about getting it back to normal?

Thanks again.

Karl.

Solved!

A simple turn off and turn back on has done the trick.. Unplugged the battery and turned off at the mains then back on at the mains.. Seems to have done the trick.. Hopefully all of our settings are still saved in the memory.

Thanks again for the help guys.

Karl.

Archived