Security Installer Community

Speed Govenor

james.wilson

Be prepared for it to take much longer for your engineers to get to jobs. I had a hire van for a week that was limited to 60. Couldn't over take anything. Had to sit in the slow lane on motorway ways behind trucks and bloody caravans and panama wearing old gents with boxes of tissues on the parcel shelve. You just can't risk over taking. If they speed up you reach 60 on a single carage way your done.

I disagree and reckon limiting would be beneficail overall, the attached although a 70 limit explains well...

http://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/2008/6/16/vans-speed-limters/28117/

I reckon both fuel savings and possibly even insurance savings could be reaped.

I also have a road hawk in my personal car (1 front and 1 rear cam ) and tbh I would not be without it, plots speed G forces in all directions and GPS positioning.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

I disagree and reckon limiting would be beneficail overall, the attached although a 70 limit explains well...

http://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/2008/6/16/vans-speed-limters/28117/

I reckon both fuel savings and possibly even insurance savings could be reaped.

I also have a road hawk in my personal car (1 front and 1 rear cam ) and tbh I would not be without it, plots speed G forces in all directions and GPS positioning.

still makes it more dangerous to over take. I didn't risk it. From experience it also makes it harder to move from the slow lane into faster moving traffic.

still makes it more dangerous to over take. I didn't risk it. From experience it also makes it harder to move from the slow lane into faster moving traffic.

I agree to some extent, having power on tap can be a safety feature.

not if you plan ahead it doesn't. Keep out of the faster traffic and leave that lane for me please.

IRTA "I like to sit in outside lane drinking my coffee and eating my crisps".

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

Be prepared for it to take much longer for your engineers to get to jobs. I had a hire van for a week that was limited to 60. Couldn't over take anything. Had to sit in the slow lane on motorway ways behind trucks and bloody caravans and panama wearing old gents with boxes of tissues on the parcel shelve. You just can't risk over taking. If they speed up you reach 60 on a single carage way your done.

I agree, I wouldn't like to be the one dicing with the HGV's on the motorway.

Limiting to 68 or maybe 65 I understand but IMO 60 in a small Bipper would be dangerous. Expect an accident.

If it were me I would fit something like this,

http://www.pecancctv...il.html?rid=150

has the added benefit of video and analysis software.

I reckon that would turn into a competition between engineers, who can pull the highest G reading in a corner :lol:

60 is a bit low, 65 would be better, the fuel savings won't be worth the moaning though

Hey Ho, Lets Go

Archived