Security Installer Community

Ade Optima Compact Gen4 Intruder Panel, Transformer Keeps Burning Out?

phil_ad

Installed this alarm in my grandparents house when they first moved in. Everything was fine for first few months, then the transformer burnt out. Replaced it with a new one, and sure enough, few months later same happened. On third panel now and its happened again! Has anyone had this same trouble or know what the problem could be? The fuse inside the fuse spur doesn't blow and neither does the fuse inside the panel it self.. Luckily I know the lad down the wholesalers so its not costing us to replace the panel every time. The panel doesn't really get used that much only use when they are out most the day, so its not like its getting over used either.

Any suggestions?

well what do you mean by incoming side?

the incoming mains - does this test ok within the recommended limits? what is the output from the transformer when commissioning (before it goes wrong obviously)?

i don't understand what you are asking, do you mean the main cable into the house and into the meter? This is all okay, 240 between L-E and L-N and obviously nothing between N-E.. Sorry but not understanding what you mean when say incoming mains. That to me just sounds like your asking for the mains into the panel.

i don't understand what you are asking, do you mean the main cable into the house and into the meter? This is all okay, 240 between L-E and L-N and obviously nothing between N-E.. Sorry but not understanding what you mean when say incoming mains. That to me just sounds like your asking for the mains into the panel.

now you answered the question. i'm trying to establish the base line readings here (start with the basics and work your way up and you'll find something wrong somewhere) and "nothing" is not normal. are you sure it's nothing N-E?

Well im thinking back a bit now from when they moved in.. Cannot be 100% sure but will double check and get back to you tomorrow. Multimeter is currently still at work on site. cheers for the help so far and will post my readings tomorrow.

if the transformers burning out i would suggest its overloaded.

You cant rely on the fuses to prove its not overloaded as they wont blow till current is past 1.8A and the panel cannot provide that for long.

Need to know your day mode current and battery charge current.

Try a decent panel instead?

I think this is a cracking little panel for the money. Plus we still have optima 1's we installed in the 80's going strong.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

if the transformers burning out i would suggest its overloaded.

You cant rely on the fuses to prove its not overloaded as they wont blow till current is past 1.8A and the panel cannot provide that for long.

Need to know your day mode current and battery charge current.

I think this is a cracking little panel for the money. Plus we still have optima 1's we installed in the 80's going strong.

QFA

Archived