Security Installer Community

Vans / Cars And Fuel Economy

james.wilson

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Volvo V50 DRIVe - 1.6 diesel 115bhp. I average around 55mpg with triple ladders & stepladders on and full of kit.

Tried a mega light foot run a few months back to see what I could get on a run - no kit or ladders, but averaged 87mpg on the motorway!! (I was driving like a granny, tho!!)

CO2 emissions are so low (same as a Fiat 500 diesel), that road tax is FREE too.

wife likes the look of the i40 estate, any good H

get a test drive, its was choosen over an insigna tourer, rides better, cheaper & with a bigger spec inc bluetooth, sat nav & reverse camera.(i40 Style 1.7 CRDi 136PS Blue Drive) Provided by local dealer who came in couple of quid cheaper monthly than the lease car co. we'd found, dealer had model in required colour on the shelf, so car in our hands in around a week after test drive,

Mr? Veritas God

I don't think theres a great differance in size, the i40 would be easier to park as the vxr line insigna we had for couple of days had a tunnel vision type thing going on, it had a black headlining & felt longer than it was

Mr? Veritas God

kia cee'd estate or simular ?

Yes I like the cee'd, good size also, she has a Scenic jobby @ the mo and I think it's comfortable and a good size, also like the megane estate, we'll have to see.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

• 2 months later...

I have 2.2 Tdci mondeo estate, average is 43mpg. on a long run i can get up to 51mpg. Its all depends how u drive your car. If im not in hurry i usually dont drive faster then 65mph. Ladders and steps are inside the car back sit down, fitts in nicely. And i use lot of engine breaking that saves fuel aswell. All this higher vans have big wind resistance, u need to get something lower like astra van or something like that. Im sure they will be more economical.

I've got a '56' plate astra van people not really sure on the mpg but will let you know as i've just filled up £50.00 earlier today so shouldnt be to hard to calculate lol

it wont be that economical compared to some as its the 1.9cdti (120hp) model not the normal 1.7. but i did want something faster than the norm lol

I've got a '56' plate astra van people not really sure on the mpg but will let you know as i've just filled up £50.00 earlier today so shouldnt be to hard to calculate lol

it wont be that economical compared to some as its the 1.9cdti (120hp) model not the normal 1.7. but i did want something faster than the norm lol

Everything we have is **** for fuel economy, I just try and get over it and charge more lol

Archived