Security Installer Community

Paxton Open Door App

james.wilson

If anyone has a use this is a small app that will open a single door.

Designed for use on a pc in reception etc to open a set door for a security guard etc that doesnt need full net2 access.

post-6868-0-57555500-1314022609.jpg

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

no i cant port it to that. But when the new version of net2 comes out I should be able to do an android app for the same thing,

I have a little oap club that would use that app, the daft old dears keep leaving their fobs at home and the manager has to come down to let them in.

I have a little oap club that would use that app, the daft old dears keep leaving their fobs at home and the manager has to come down to let them in.

Yes, because OAP's are clearly a demographic that can cope with an iPhone or similar ;)

Why not go for a cheap dialler or cctv relay (if they have it).

I have given that some thought, the customer has a keypad on the rear door ATM so when they phone him because they cant get in he gives them a code then changes the code the next day, the app wouldnt cost that much a dialer would

Yes, because OAP's are clearly a demographic that can cope with an iPhone or similar ;)

The manager is not an OAP its the old dears that use the club for knitting club or whatever OAP's do that forget their fobs. They were constantly phoning him to come and let them in because they forgot or lost the key, hence why they have access control. Now they forget/lose the fobs he can switch the fobs off when they lose them. A phone app to remotely open the door would be usefull.

could be done via android but it would need the app on the pc on site running all the time to actually open the door.

Plus it needs paxton pro to get the web version which costs.

Do you have any other gear on site?

could be done via android but it would need the app on the pc on site running all the time to actually open the door.

Plus it needs paxton pro to get the web version which costs.

Do you have any other gear on site?

Three more doors and a reader to arm/disarm alarm system (Not used by OAP's if the alarm is set the OAP's fobs wont work

it can do that now using the basic alarm integration. Just needs an output from the panel to show set status to the controller. If you need this i can look at knocking it up mate

• 1 year later...

It saved me having to run cable under a solid floor (because by the time the Receptionist asked for the PTE on her desk, the hardwood floor was already laid).

Actually was simply going to suggest she Remote Desktop onto the software to release but when checking with Paxton, the 1st line support engineer had heard about this app but never used it.

He tried it and was thoroughly impressed himself.

In fact. I ended up just emailing the link to the client and they installed it themselves saving our Engineers a visit and our Client's a call-out fee.

Nice when we can find solutions like that for Clients - it makes them Client's of a lifetime :)

How's that for an endorsement :)