Security Installer Community

Are Council's Destroying Our Roads?

• 3 years later...

Green party have ruined Brighton everywhere in town is 20mph (most ignore it and the police said they wont enforce it) then theres the bus lanes on most of the main routes into town. 50mph have been dropped to 40  40s are now 30. The parking charges are extortionate £3.40- £6.00 per hr on the sea front 

Green party have ruined Brighton everywhere in town is 20mph (most ignore it and the police said they wont enforce it) then theres the bus lanes on most of the main routes into town. 50mph have been dropped to 40  40s are now 30. The parking charges are extortionate £3.40- £6.00 per hr on the sea front

Yep, I agree with all of your points.

Including the parking but that's a whole different thread.

Most 20 MPH zones that have been put in by Council's are unenforceable. Even if a small few are installed correctly the police have no interest in policing them and there have been reports of this from many areas.

LA's all over the country have wasted millions of pounds of our money on pointless road furniture.

What they also don't realise is they are harming road safety in the process.

It's a cunning plan,dual carriageways being hatched into single lanes to create congestion. Not just in cities but towns also.

5 years from now all towns with a 30k population or more will have park n rides and levy congestion charges on motorists that choose to not use them.

Yep, I agree with all of your points.Including the parking but that's a whole different thread.Most 20 MPH zones that have been put in by Council's are unenforceable. Even if a small few are installed correctly the police have no interest in policing them and there have been reports of this from many areas.LA's all over the country have wasted millions of pounds of our money on pointless road furniture.What they also don't realise is they are harming road safety in the process.

Yes all over Bristol city centre at estimated 1 million or something crazy signage cost, plod have repeatedly and openly said wont be enforcing

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands