Security Installer Community

Recommend A Setup 3 Offices

badadd

Hi all,

I have 3 offices now, I am based at one of these 3.

I want 1 camera inside each office, for lone worker safety and my insurers are advising we look at this option. Each office is relatively small and slim in dimensions (under 500 sq ft).

Each branch has a broadband connection achieving 8mb+, I am assuming an internet connection will be required for each of the offices.

The offices are not manned at night / in the evenig, lighting is good at all branches, supplied by daylight bulbs.

I will require 4-5 days worth of footage to be stored / recorded (no more).

The office I am based at (1 of the 3), will also be the only office I will need to view the cameras at.

We would be happy with black a white images (if that reduces cost). I don’t want a high end system and unfortunately am on a budget! Quality wise it doesn’t have to amazing (sorry I lack the technical knowledge to be more specific).

Any help would be great!

Thanks in advance.

An internal camera with a 2.8 (ish) mm lens will give a 90 degree view. Mount it in the corner. A mid range dvr with any hard drive will give you the recording time you need, so your main requirment is good remote access for the remote viewing.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Dynamic do a range of dvrs which are easy to set up and you would be able to watch both of the other sites at the same time. They only sell to the trade. Where in the country are the sites? What line of work is it you do?

Hi all,

I have 3 offices now, I am based at one of these 3.

I want 1 camera inside each office, for lone worker safety and my insurers are advising we look at this option. Each office is relatively small and slim in dimensions (under 500 sq ft).

Each branch has a broadband connection achieving 8mb+, I am assuming an internet connection will be required for each of the offices.

The offices are not manned at night / in the evenig, lighting is good at all branches, supplied by daylight bulbs.

I will require 4-5 days worth of footage to be stored / recorded (no more).

The office I am based at (1 of the 3), will also be the only office I will need to view the cameras at.

We would be happy with black a white images (if that reduces cost). I don’t want a high end system and unfortunately am on a budget! Quality wise it doesn’t have to amazing (sorry I lack the technical knowledge to be more specific).

Any help would be great!

Thanks in advance.

Location? Just get a local firm to give you a quote.

I've recently been trying out a couple of cheap IP cameras from shixin with SD card recording triggered by motion detect and the quality is surprisingly good, the only downside in your situation would be if the camera is removed by an intruder the footage is lost as well, unless you are running an NVR somewhere//

Hi. a little 4 way NVR recorder with 1, 1.3mp ip camera at each office. this will allow you to view and record at your main office in full colour and audio.

what would you want an NVR for? Just find an IP cam with SD card and record to this - he only wants 4 days?

Break-in, take the DVR, no evidence.

no DVR with ip

For a good IP with large SD card is expensive x 3 plus sd cams the sd is for backup or storage of images. 1 nvr and 3 mp cameras cheaper. he could even have the nvr at home ... then it will never be found

I believe the purpose of this install is for health and safety (lone worker) and not security so I would think 3 x IP cameras with an NVR would meet the requirements. Lone worker only required during open hours which is good lighting, etc.

Not sure what hazards face the lone worker in a 500sq ft office, possibly a thief? lol

Archived