Security Installer Community

Advice On Buying A Cctv Security System Due To Numerous Thefts

THIS LAUGABLE, so your to scared to give any advice because you think i'ii go and do it myself? so indicating the setting up of the cctv is simple for anyone with common sense? If anyone asked myself how to repair a car i'ii gladly give advice BUT i know for a FACT it would b useless as they still wouldnt be able to repair the sort of cars i buy due to extensive heavy damage hence why pick them up at the prices we do!!!

Listen mate. Read what i wrote, i said QUOTE ie spend money to come and see your site then spend time raising a design, I DIDNT say advise.

If you continue to insult members of this board with this attitude i will remove your posts. Please stop it.

I want 3 cameras' to catch the thief scumbag nicking my parts, nothing else; cant be simple than that, dont want dvd quality pic's just good enough to make out the thief's face/ clothes etc... we already have a good idea who it is, been at the site for 3yrs and this is first time its happened due to no of new tramp benefits type ppl moving not to far from the area

How do you know you need 3? but anyone have you read my posts about recognition levels and areas covered? DVD quality is based on the camera quality and dvr. You need to decide on views first before you decide on recording types.

Isnt it common sense that if something sells in 0000's its usually better than the item which has sold 10-20?

No, most things that are cheap and not very good outsell those that are good and more expensive.

what do u think of; a sony camera 480 tvl with a 3.6 9mm lense?

not a lot. What do you think of a car with a 4 wheels and boot?

I want to protect the size of a car so 20ft by 12 ft wide

so thats 6m wide? You will not get recognition of a perp from a PAL analogue camera with a view of that width.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew my question would give you a chance to blow your own trumpet! Explains much about your attitude that you think highly about yourself.

You have been given enough advice to come to the following conclusion:

a) The size area you wish to cover and get facial detail is not possible with 3 PAL cameras or your budget! There simply is not the resolution in the cameras for it!

b) It has been suggested that you group your valuable items together (outside, no-one mentioned inside, if you bothered to read the posts properly), this will give a smaller area for the cameras to cover.

c) Get a professional installer and possible savings on your insurance may help pay for it!

You have responded to experienced professionals with comments like "This laughable" and other such derogatory comments. If you see nothing wrong with that, then there is definitely something a security forum cannot help you with.

the chance of someone breaking through the wall is impossible unless they turned up witha jcb and rammed the wall to get rhough,

seen a few breaks in's via hammer & chisel

but when u buy a car for £700 worth £6k with a nice heavy front smash u learn urself to repair or earn no money then go homeless with no food

i currently have a audi a2 never repaired one in my short salvage life frontend ripped off slackjaw1.gif , built the whole frontend up, engine was off mounts/ aircon pump/starter/ intercooler/ pas pump all bashed off hence the cheap price of the car, its a tdi with 56k miles so worth alot ive learnt usin common sense how to repair it, aluminium chassis if u know them cars

if your salvage was repaired using new audi parts it would cost more than the pre smashed audi was worth, cars recorded as Cat c or d are pretty much worthless as you can't finace or part ex within motor trade,

salvage is only ecomical to repair as it mostly used parts & cheap labour, you can jig it or chain it to bolllard & reverse the worse off the damage out.....

Mr? Veritas God

seen a few breaks in's via hammer & chisel

if your salvage was repaired using new audi parts it would cost more than the pre smashed audi was worth, cars recorded as Cat c or d are pretty much worthless as you can't finace or part ex within motor trade,

salvage is only ecomical to repair as it mostly used parts & cheap labour, you can jig it or chain it to bolllard & reverse the worse off the damage out.....

Shows how much you know about salvage cars, we sell ours all for near retail price, as always buy the right car (one's in demand or rare) with low mileage, the decent stuff is autoligned so can get finance

we repair most of our cars especially the brand new <1-2yr old cars with BRAND NEW parts from main dealers as no one is breaking them, they right most of them due to extent of damage which i buy but i know plenty which r written off due to cost of main dealer labour rates e.g. 100quid a hr to bolt a wing or 600quid to change a light bulb on some models LOL

Archived