Security Installer Community

New Member Needs Advice!

superalarman

All I would say is working alone you will have several overheads like vehicle, fuel, insurance, (vehicle and public liabilty), NI, advertisements, and thats just off the top of my head when you want to go on holiday you dont get paid £19,500pa is not such a bad deal

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OP

Id want to know how much work you get without the work you get from the firm.

Id also say that the firm employs you and rightly expect certain things,

However. there are plenty of stories from those that have have left and been a success. There are more from those that have failed.

Its not a simple decision, granted you may feel that the work you are doing for someone else is good.... but you need the work in the first place.

Ive met many engineers over the years that think a 2k system is 1.5k profit. It isnt im afraid.

Im not saying you shouldnt better yourself, im saying be aware of the facts before you try.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

try pressing Shift F5

but this is the new sw from ipb. Its new but as you know i avoid bleeding edge for tsi. This is a few days old.

That may of fixed it ? but not everyone will know to press shift F5

We had an engineer who was an active member here a few years ago. We at the time were a small NSI gold... 4 engineers and x2 apprentices. He was doing loads of work for friends and family, got work coming out of his ears. So decided to go it alone. All that work he had backed up was probably cleared in a month, then nothing.......He did poach a few of our bells only contracts, and by that I mean around 5, but most have come back. Not sure what he's doing now, last I heard, was he was in the local shopping precinct conducting surveys! Not sure what for like

Archived