Security Installer Community

Galaxy G2 Adding New Panel

anwss

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. I started to wonder myself :) but I could even see the prox reader inside the pad when I installed it, and its listed as CP038-01.

Is there any way to see if the prox reader is active (e.g. got power)? I can see 5 small green leds on the back of the keypads PCB and they are all glowing.

Hello again Anders,

The message couldn't be translated to "No Entries" from 61.4 ?

There are three possibilities:

1. The 63.2.1 which is 'MAX Mode' is set to Disabled. Enable this, then reset the whole system and try presenting a tag, it should beep.

2. The prox reader is faulty

3. It is not a prox PCB in the keypad.

I'm hoping, for your sake that it is No.1. When 'Max Mode' is disabled, the panel does not communicate with the MAX reader module within the keypad, so it does not beep when a tag is presented.

I have also seen faulty keyprox circuits within keypads, so possibility 2 is not impossible.

If it is a prox PCB, then it will have either a black module soldered in the location of the six thru holes of the PCB directly above the words "PROX READER". Or two red enameled wires (from a coil) coming through a hole in the PCB and soldered to two pads in the same area.

Regards,

No, not when Max Mode is disabled. If you set the change the Max Mode setting and remain in engineering mode, then you get the menu option for the prox diag, but communication drops to 0%. When you reset, or come out of engineering mode, then the prox is totally ignored by the system and it's as if it isn't even fitted. When you select a 61.4 you get "No Entries".

No, the keypad's max needs to be configured in the system. If you power a keypad without data, then silence it. You will get no response from the reader when presenting a tag.

One other thing to note for Anders is that if you hold down the 'ent' key and power up the keypad, it will go into diagnostic mode and tell you the firmware level, keypad address and if the module is in fact a keyprox version or not.

Regards,

Archived