Security Installer Community

Use Staples?

They are fine until the staple hits a knot in the timber and flirts the staple into the cable,

Even worse when you don't see the damage until you start chasing your tail when commissioning

Ive used staple guns since I was 14 never had an issue apart from when I've stapled blind and hit the cable. Never had a knot fire an end back into the cable when correctly seated. Not saying it can't happen just never happened to me

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I think it all depends on the engineer and his understanding of the problems you can get not just at commissioning time but later on in the movie , I have always used a staple gun in the correct areas and experience tough me to be careful, Although i do like to trunk were i can or aluminium tubing 

Man after my own thinking.

*disclaimer*

TSI does not condone the use of heavy conduit for use as an offence weapon in inappropriate conditions. A vote on TSI determined use on union representatives, salesmen and NACOSS inspectors did not class as inappropriate conditions.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/